Update 01/12/09: As you may have noticed this page among other is on a bit of a hiatus. Because of a vacation and also the fact that politics in Madagascar have pretty much stagnated, there really isn’t anything being mentioned in Twitter let alone breaking news reports. So, if there are any breaking developments I will once again follow the Twitter feeds and breaking news to try and consolidate everything that is occurring within the country.
- The boomerang effect, the return http://twitter.com/GibertPascal/statuses/4434637424
- UN or who evil thinks http://twitter.com/GibertPascal/statuses/4434635989
- Events of Saturday, September 26, 2009 – “Flock forbidden” by .. http://twitter.com/GibertPascal/statuses/4434635215
- It seems the ke Honduras will speak on # one tomorrow. C koi on this hypocrisy # Madagascar? http://twitter.com/sameganegie/statuses/4415642170
- #Madagascar coup leader and African pariah http://bit.ly/153D0o (expand) “It’s not easy being a coup leader these days” http://twitter.com/babyalone/statuses/4407173579
- Confirmation of earlier report of shooting @ SOLIMOTEL #madagascar today during a press conference of the opposition (fr) http://twitter.com/streetrover/statuses/4404142101
- If #Rajoelina & Co really have balls, they would have defended themslves @ the #UN, but they knew they’re @ fault – or did they? http://twitter.com/streetrover/statuses/4403909991
- Roindefo is talking about a drunken soldier who misused (?) his gun http://twitter.com/streetrover/statuses/4398386386
- I’m hearing weird crowd on Radio Fahazavana, talking about pple being shot + dead in #madagascar ?? Link to live audio: http://twitter.com/streetrover/statuses/4398365425
- Rajoelina blocked from addressing #UN (ideo) http://twitter.com/babyalone/statuses/4398266444
- #UN cites rules fight in #Madagascar speech shut-out http://twitter.com/voteglobal/statuses/4398252414
- #Madagascar leader #Andry #Rajoelina denied speaking rights at #UN due to #legitimacy concerns http://twitter.com/gouaf/statuses/4396047995
- armed CAPSAT men shot @ demontrators + entered SOLIMOTEL. Svrl injurd incl few opposition leaders (not confirmed) http://twitter.com/streetrover/statuses/4394247671
- a gathering of opponents dispersed by police http://twitter.com/sameganegie/statuses/4393069268
- AFP hired a #Madagascar reporter … hence it calls TGV psdt (he is not), no mention of coup (UN did) http://twitter.com/solofo/statuses/4392949667
- Reports of violent repression by #rajoelina gvt this afternoon in the capital of #Madagascar (ongoing) http://twitter.com/streetrover/statuses/4392735140
- ‘heard: Rajoelina in Paris later today, to join the next Air #Madagascar flight (Sunday?) … ‘hope U give him appropriate welcome! http://twitter.com/streetrover/statuses/4392404721
- Gunfire broke out Anosy now, 4×4 armies criss Area http://twitter.com/ClaireInParis/statuses/4390855064
- Now, we heard gunshots and explosions coming from or Anosy Mahamasina … # Madagascar http://twitter.com/irindra/statuses/4390538721
- Rajoelina # UN forum banned by 33 votes ‘minority’ / 192 countries. AFP: tjs negotiations taking place? http://twitter.com/tomavana/statuses/4390380532
- Dams and hide and seek between protesters and police in downtown Antananarivo now. # Madagascar http://twitter.com/irindra/statuses/4390057750
- Export http://twitter.com/GibertPascal/statuses/4387033333
- Post-crisis – civil society remains http://twitter.com/GibertPascal/statuses/4387033333
- Madagascar General Assembly of the UN – Andry Rajoelina prevented a second time to ac http://twitter.com/GibertPascal/statuses/4387032631
- Rajoelina shunned at the UN + its ambassador @ UN publicly named in an internatnl bribery scheme on the same day! #madagascar needs a break! http://twitter.com/streetrover/statuses/4380459367
- The #GA voted no to the participation of Rajoelina of #Madagascar in the general debate. #UN http://twitter.com/unic/statuses/4379864717
- Am seriously worried about the impact of today’s drama at the UN in #madagascar tomorrow – Rajoelina should QUIT peacefully!!! Enough!!! http://twitter.com/ragasy/statuses/4379858294
- lrakoto No speech for TGV yet again after much drama, a bit afraid of what might happened back in #Madagascar after this slap in the face http://twitter.com/Anne1able/statuses/4379614258
- Potential positive: lots of chatter in the General Assembly while Suriname speaks. Hopefully #Madagascar crisis is now on the world stage. http://twitter.com/aliotsy/statuses/4379572351
- good lesson for Rajoelina. He stops taking the African High # Madagascar http://twitter.com/Randria_09/statuses/4379523080
- Well, I think the message from the World Community was quite clear today. So what’s next? I am concerned about situation in #Madagascar http://twitter.com/rashaja/statuses/4379312386
- #Madagascar issue closed the #UN ??? WTF !!!! http://twitter.com/lrakoto/statuses/4379252916
- So No speech for TGV yet again after much drama, a bit afraid of what might happened back in #Madagascar after this slap in the face http://twitter.com/BemaG/statuses/4379246433
- Agree with @lrakoto : Rajoelina has once again dragged #madagascar to one of its darkest moment in history!!! Shame!!!! http://twitter.com/streetrover/statuses/4379222924
- WHOA! Congo said “Look, we voted, there’s a majority against him speaking, don’t let him speak.” Pres agrees, debate closed. #madagascar #fb http://twitter.com/aliotsy/statuses/4379196377
- whatever side of the struggle you are in #Madagascar, this has got to be one of the most embarrassing moment in our history http://twitter.com/lrakoto/statuses/4379186029
- case closed at the UN: Rajoelina is knocked out again! http://twitter.com/streetrover/statuses/4379180045
- Haha, Algeria and Jamaica were like “Wait, we’re voting?” Confusion on the General Assembly floor. #Madagascar #fb http://twitter.com/aliotsy/statuses/4379152453
- Complete confusion at the UNited Nations General Assembly on the matter of #madagascar representation http://twitter.com/streetrover/statuses/4379146134
- Put to vote. Most countries silent; 4 for TGV speaking, 23 against. This is on http://www.un.org/webcast/, btw. #Madagascar #fb http://twitter.com/aliotsy/statuses/4379113122
- TGV managed to mess up the UN assembly! http://twitter.com/streetrover/statuses/4379052773
- wow a vote on #Madagascar being up there at UN floor , intense ! http://twitter.com/lrakoto/statuses/4379012869
- President of the UN General Assembly says he’ll give TGV the floor. Congo has spoken up again and called for a vote. Drama! #Madagascar #fb http://twitter.com/aliotsy/statuses/4378984526
- well, the fact that it was a coup in #Madagascar seems to be universally agreed upon now http://twitter.com/lrakoto/statuses/4378832873
- Congo’s rep just called on member states (SADC or UN?) to walk out on Rajoelina if he speaks. http://twitter.com/aliotsy/statuses/4378740431
- This is a mess. #Madagascar in the spotlight in the worst way http://twitter.com/lrakoto/statuses/4378711391
- This SADC protest is quite lengthy . I would love to see the reaction of the #Madagascar delegation while this goes on http://twitter.com/lrakoto/statuses/4378692151
- SADC formally protesting Rajoelina presence at the tribune:, citing violation of Maputo agreement #Madagascar http://twitter.com/lrakoto/statuses/4378635131
- While TGV & his croonies are awaitng thr 2nd act @ the UN… smthng is brewing in Mahazoarivo. Definitly not an ordinary week fr #madagascar http://twitter.com/streetrover/statuses/4377838879
- WOW Anthr bombshell for #Madagascar & #UN: [Guardian]: British bridge firm bribed foreign officials to win contracts
- Glad that TGV get to speak 2day. May prevent mr turmoil in #Madagascar. The point was made. “U ain’t legit so prepare proper elections” http://twitter.com/lrakoto/statuses/4366732410
- I wonder if Rajoelina will divert from his original speech given yesterday’s bizarre events. The original was a bit light http://twitter.com/lrakoto/statuses/4366585447
- Hey ho, the text has disappeared Rajoelina united nations, however Mada forum provides the link http://twitter.com/sameganegie/statuses/4363526191
- Rajoelina Madagascar has been private forum # UN request SADC src RFI http://twitter.com/tomavana/statuses/4362502140
- There’s a lot of talk of tourists avoiding #Madagascar- this response to turmoil will leave a tourism void and is overly simplistic. http://twitter.com/stevebram/statuses/4362472950
- GESCA of Commons http://twitter.com/GibertPascal/statuses/4361049353
- Atmosphere – Confusion and uncertainty http://twitter.com/GibertPascal/statuses/4361047016
- Minister Mr Hery Rajaonarimampianina – “Do not panic: there are 800 mill. http://twitter.com/GibertPascal/statuses/4361046257
- Ratsirahonana even know why Rajoelina was deprogrammed forums http://twitter.com/tomavana/statuses/4352375131
- ‘displaced after Israel’ explanation offered p justified absence prez # Madagascar in the forum # # A ClimateChange src http://twitter.com/tomavana/statuses/4348442629
- Poverty Forces 2 Million Children in #Madagascar into Hard Labour http://twitter.com/toiletgoose/statuses/4346836160
- Huh? “Backed by France and officers of the armed forces” Rajoelina overthew Ra8 in #Madagascar http://twitter.com/toiletgoose/statuses/4346797722
- #Madagascar ruling leader not to resume talks under pressure http://twitter.com/toiletgoose/statuses/4346718526
- TGV scrambles fr a face-saving act aftr humiliating major setback @ the UN despite Franco-Lybian support. Who’s keeping score? http://twitter.com/streetrover/statuses/4346647862
- Wondering if it is the 1st time that a country “leader” is shunned from the UN GA platform although “invited” to attend #Madagascar #fb http://twitter.com/lrakoto/statuses/4343700405
- OMG. #Madagascar leader #Rajoelina wa sskipped at the #UN general Assembly ! UN showing fortitude ? #fb http://twitter.com/lrakoto/statuses/4343265607
- U.S. Calls on Malagasy, Guinea Leaders to Step Down http://twitter.com/Manantsoa/statuses/4342321836
- ashamed for #Madagascar that Rajoelina #climatechange taped address for the UN was verbatim speech of VPM of Luxembourg’s earlier #fb http://twitter.com/lrakoto/statuses/4339747669
- #Madagascar gvt flouts prisoner deal — opposition http://twitter.com/Xtrafuel/statuses/4337897963
- Three political movements – Zafy wish to explain stage Mahamasina http://twitter.com/pdt3p/statuses/4336696697
- Antanimora-Tsiafahy: 27 “legalistic” still held http://twitter.com/sameganegie/statuses/4333963268
- TGV @ UN: plagiarism – his speech on 22/09/09 = copy-paste the speech Asselborn (VPM Luxembourg) http://twitter.com/streetrover/statuses/4331990211
- Rajoelina will speak 24th PM in front of #UN GenerL Assembly src Expressmada http://twitter.com/tomavana/statuses/4325455494
- Communique GTT international : Lettre ouverte au Secretaire General de l ONU et aux Etats membres http://twitter.com/pdt3p/statuses/4317449087
- The “Commander Charles” to the new Board of Directors Jirama http://twitter.com/sameganegie/statuses/4312261006
- Ravalomanana and peaceful elimination of any hint of independence http://twitter.com/sameganegie/statuses/4312233352
- Case Manandafy Rakotonirina – “political verdict http://twitter.com/GibertPascal/statuses/4308715980
- Solving the crisis in Madagascar – The ever-present France http://twitter.com/GibertPascal/statuses/4308210783
- Everyone in Paris http://twitter.com/sameganegie/statuses/4307530925
- RT @nedhamson #MADAGASCAR: Poverty Forces 2 millions #children in Hard # has risen 25 % since Jan 09 http://twitter.com/lrakoto/statuses/4305196209
- Putchist Andry Rajaolina uses local medias to falsely pretend his legitimacy is acknowledged internationnaly in NY http://twitter.com/Anne1able/statuses/4298648961
- Manandafy PM #Madagascar appointed by ousted prez Ravalomanana was given a suspended sentence of 2 years in jail http://twitter.com/tomavana/statuses/4295145605
- FLASH Verdict in Case Carlton. Manandafy 2 years Ihanta 6 months, the rest of the team 1 year. All sursitaire. http://twitter.com/tomavana/statuses/4295000230
- A You the Word: below inglorious collusion Rajoelina # http://twitter.com/sameganegie/statuses/4170569702 France-Madagascar
- Collapse of the currency MGA Malagasy http://twitter.com/ClaireInParis/statuses/4170519956
- ATTACKS ON NATIONAL HIGHWAYS Women and children are getting into. http://twitter.com/sameganegie/statuses/4170489094
- Interview with Marc Ravalomanana http://twitter.com/sameganegie/statuses/4166266791
- Daily Life – An alarming rise in prices http://twitter.com/GibertPascal/statuses/4165161863
- Stone Age http://twitter.com/GibertPascal/statuses/4164614470
- Claude Gueant visited a Paris Rajoelina # Madagascar http://twitter.com/sameganegie/statuses/4164347671
- Government Doesn’t Oppose Negotiations, Says Minister http://twitter.com/voteglobal/statuses/4163115108
- putchist Andry Rajaoelina and killer pack are in NYC re UN Summit on climate change .But are not part of the guests speakers. http://twitter.com/Anne1able/statuses/4155547170
- The logic of destabilization http://twitter.com/GibertPascal/statuses/4147839301
- TGV the pariah of the UN: Audience = BK Moon refused! .. Diner Heads of states africans w / Obama tomorrow? … Niet! – http://twitter.com/streetrover/statuses/4145921025
- The African Union is holding a summit meeting – http://twitter.com/sameganegie/statuses/4142732043
- Banquet at the White House: No invitation for Rajoelina … # Madagascar – http://twitter.com/sameganegie/statuses/4139105680
- Transition: Monja does not resign – http://twitter.com/sameganegie/statuses/4139095249
- Cafouillages around an invitation (RFI): Andry Rajoelina left New York to Antananarivo – http://twitter.com/lrakoto/statuses/4122836695
- #Madagascar: #Ultimatum de #Armée 72h à PM Roindefo, simples rumeurs? les-nouvelles.com – http://twitter.com/tomavana/statuses/4111568254
- Ultimatum by army for PM roindefo to step down in the next 72h now posted on several news outlet – http://twitter.com/lrakoto/statuses/4105407877
- Madagascar army sets 24hrs Mr. Roindefo to give up his position in favor of PM 1 personality consensus recognized by the 4 mouvances – http://twitter.com/RATsara/statuses/4103391632
- At A # Midi Madagascar: the “false alarm” of kidnaping of Roindefo – http://twitter.com/tomavana/statuses/4102046615
- Attempted kidnapping of Roindefo have failed yesterday Mahazoarivo. Col. Charles / Lilison ask his resignation (src Topmade) – http://twitter.com/streetrover/statuses/4101650256
- To you the Word “Bluff. This is true! – http://twitter.com/sameganegie/statuses/4099555533
- AC moves hehehe it looks! # Madagascar Roindefo Monja on a tinderbox? – http://twitter.com/sameganegie/statuses/4099341258
- Mouvance Ravalomanana – Back to Magro, no street protest today – http://twitter.com/GibertPascal/statuses/4096403585
- Ankerana civil society – a first success for the group Ankerana – http://twitter.com/GibertPascal/statuses/4096399596
- A TGV Madagascar to New York – http://twitter.com/GibertPascal/statuses/4096398734
- I won’t say “told you so” http://bit.ly/xZoKT (expand) but from Forbes: “will #Madagascar ‘s oil reserves soon be tapped? http://twitter.com/lrakoto/statuses/4085760067
- Circle mess Betongolo – Another dialogue between the military – http://twitter.com/GibertPascal/statuses/4073321171
- General Ratrimoarivony Guy – “We must continue the dialogue – http://twitter.com/GibertPascal/statuses/4073320808
- Increase in rice prices – The Ministry of Commerce wants to reassure – http://twitter.com/GibertPascal/statuses/4070417806
- Political impasse # Madagascar (The World) – http://twitter.com/pmalgachie/statuses/4069867466
- ‘Air Force One’ appraised at 35 million euros instead of 45 million purchase by # Madagascar – http://twitter.com/tomavana/statuses/4066490937
- #Madagascar ‘s Rajoelina invited to #UN meeting on climate change – http://twitter.com/tomavana/statuses/4055774281
- Roindefo says that the ICG has joined forces with the former pres of #Madagascar. Has a weak argument for Maputo – http://twitter.com/toiletgoose/statuses/4045264991
- Frmer Ra8 min of defence Cecile Manorohanta thinks the #Madagascar Internal Ministry can ensure a transparent election.- http://twitter.com/toiletgoose/statuses/4030036751
- Roindefo says th@ #Madagascar cd split over crisis. Rajoelina fls “betrayed” & we cd end up w/ warlords like Somalia? – http://twitter.com/toiletgoose/statuses/4029928658
- Andrianantoandro Raharinaivo arrested in #Madagascar, accused of breaching the peace. – http://twitter.com/toiletgoose/statuses/4029833797
- PM warns island could split over crisis-Reuters. Roindefo, u r the PM, u could do sthg abt it #fail – http://twitter.com/lrakoto/statuses/4029013502
- Democracy celebrated by the detention of Raharinaivo Andrianantoandro – http://twitter.com/pdt3p/statuses/4025236472
- Roindefo calls to HCC – http://twitter.com/pdt3p/statuses/4025117604
- Military cooperation with Libya – Three helicopters and a plane – http://twitter.com/GibertPascal/statuses/4022277046
- Three missed opportunities “according to General Rasolomahandry – http://twitter.com/GibertPascal/statuses/4022274996
- Malagasy armed forces – “Three missed opportunities” according to General Rasolom – http://twitter.com/GibertPascal/statuses/4022274996
- Face-to-face Fetison Andrianirina – Monja Roindefo – Instead of Marseilles v. – http://twitter.com/GibertPascal/statuses/4022273491
- Raharinaivo Randrianatoandro returned to prison – http://twitter.com/GibertPascal/statuses/4022267245
- Donations Helicopters, military cooperation. Libya, a new partner of the HAT? Start funding “secondary “???? – http://twitter.com/RATsara/statuses/4015323162
- Surreal !! on orange.mg: #Madagascar Gvt approves of #Libya Army assisting #Malagasy army in controlling rural regions via @Ratsara – http://twitter.com/lrakoto/statuses/4014977512
- via orange.mg “The Libyan army will assist the Malagasy army in the maintenance of security in rural areas.” scary … – http://twitter.com/RATsara/statuses/4012893626
- I sure hope Afrik.com got it wrong RT @achille52: #Madagascar: “the foundations of a civil war is being witnessed” – http://twitter.com/lrakoto/statuses/4011429511
- More police violence today (tear gas & fire shots) in #Madagascar after 2 MPs were arrested (fr) – http://twitter.com/malagasytwit/statuses/4006407989
- Unconstitutional Power Grabs Threaten African Democracy – http://twitter.com/lrakoto/statuses/3992420425
- Violent repression continues in #madagascar . Military/police set fire to an SUV (src lcl) – http://twitter.com/streetrover/statuses/3990643222
- 4×4 vehicle on fire Tsaralalana (center Antananarivo) 2day 15.15, reason unknown – http://twitter.com/tomavana/statuses/3979284244
- Three spheres of influence – Ultimatum seven days Andry Rajoelina – http://twitter.com/GibertPascal/statuses/3973705743
- Closing the glass palace Anosy – Act for vexatious Professor Zafy A – http://twitter.com/GibertPascal/statuses/3973704179
- Zafy Albert – “What Andry Rajoelina sorry! “ – http://twitter.com/GibertPascal/statuses/3973702271
- Senator Naika Eliane – Given that the prosecution Monday, September 14 – http://twitter.com/GibertPascal/statuses/3973700671
- Confrontation between “legal” and the police to Analakely, c..
- Zafy A. ” ‘I am not afraid of dying, tt the world must die, rather die for a noble chse qq” – http://twitter.com/streetrover/statuses/3961885534
- #Madagascar opposition united against president. Reuters: Opposition no longer recognises pdt – http://twitter.com/lrakoto/statuses/3956578692
- 18:00 A meeting of officers (non-HAT) @ CMS Betongolo. We do not really know the contents of the meeting (?) – http://twitter.com/streetrover/statuses/3945096896
- Madagascar # # my advice Rajoelina? “Get out while there is still time” to govern is not for the DJs! – http://twitter.com/solofo/statuses/3937969661
- #madagascar a few foreigners are victims of aggression (Europeans , South Asians) metallic pieces thrown at them – http://twitter.com/lrakoto/statuses/3937958631
- Deteriorating political (and violent) situation is among the most underreported stories. Deserving a sgmt (?)@ – http://twitter.com/streetrover/statuses/3937064149
- Senator Naika Elliane arrested today by armed elements (src Madatimes) She’s now in Betongolo (src lcl) – http://twitter.com/streetrover/statuses/3936543182 –
- Do we know to what extent the #madagascar media is under government control? – http://twitter.com/lopta/statuses/3936307537
- Malagasy blogger @jentilisa up close video of armed forces charging on protesters in #Madagascar – http://twitter.com/lrakoto/statuses/3932556450
- Françafrique as violence erupts in #Gabon, #Madagascar – http://twitter.com/chrisseminarist/statuses/3931354790
- Panic again downtown, tear gas are launched #madagascar – http://twitter.com/ariniaina/statuses/3930780540
- Mouvance Zafy Albert – Démenti – http://twitter.com/GibertPascal/statuses/3927814908
- Four spheres of influence – Andry Rajoelina accepts, rejects Monja Roindefo – http://twitter.com/GibertPascal/statuses/3927811358
- Place de la Démocratie – Retour raté et transformé en « rotaka » – http://twitter.com/GibertPascal/statuses/3927809453
- France already in difficulties to finance its current DOMTOM. Have no money to fund more # Madagascar. It’s a mirage! – http://twitter.com/LaurencoMarques/statuses/3920317514
- AFP spoke of “hundreds” of protesters on the Golden photos rather thousands of people # Madagascar: p. AFP. – http://twitter.com/malagasytwit/statuses/3913002044
- People against the #Coup in #Madagascar are now under attack. Time to decide now! – http://twitter.com/solofo/statuses/3911942189
- Effervescence in #madagascar … public employees (MinInterior, CNAPS, …) stopped work temprrily – http://twitter.com/streetrover/statuses/3911268317
- Qques images de l’affrontement entre “forces de l’ordre” et manifestants 11/9/09 Antananarivo ( #Madagascar Tribune) – http://twitter.com/streetrover/statuses/3910637549
- AlertNet: #Madagascar security forces tear gas protestors. Src:Reuters – http://twitter.com/r1lita/statuses/3909934024 –
- Southern Africa: SADC Leaders Reject New #Madagascar Govt – http://twitter.com/thierry_ratsiz/statuses/3909467300
- # Madagascar authorities justify the repression protesters did not ask permission before 5 days – http://twitter.com/lrakoto/statuses/3909441180
- AFP: The police dispersed hundreds of demonstrators qlques hostile power Andry Rajoelina – http://twitter.com/streetrover/statuses/3909391936
- Confrontation between “police” and protesters, this Friday, 11 – http://twitter.com/GibertPascal/statuses/3909374704
- Presence of French elements was noted during the violent repression in Antananarivo today (src: local) –
- Madagascar authorities justify repression because protesters have not sought permission before 5 days – http://twitter.com/ClaireInParis/statuses/3908973521
- Madagascar All shops close their doors, there’s that same fuse! # HAT Bravo for economic recovery! – http://twitter.com/ClaireInParis/statuses/3908835207
- #Madagascar hash tag is buzzing with live reports of violence after protests against gvt, stoning of hotels and strong military presence. – http://twitter.com/lrakoto/statuses/3908643757
- New video! A look at Rio Tinto’s unique mining operation in #Madagascar. 1 of the biggest commerical projects – http://twitter.com/Mining_News/statuses/3908607748
- Total confusion, people running from all sides via @ gasycool – http://twitter.com/ClaireInParis/statuses/3908422519
- Hotel de France, and SICAM Glacier Hotel damaged by stone throwing? – http://twitter.com/thierry_ratsiz/statuses/3908385192
- Madagascar shots + lachrymo yet heard – http://twitter.com/thierry_ratsiz/statuses/3908367783
- Madagascar were throwing stones at the hotel glacier SICAM Analakely and the Hotel de France – http://twitter.com/ClaireInParis/statuses/3908332403
- Severe repression of peaceful opposition demonstration in Rajoelina in the capital of Madagascar # – http://twitter.com/ClaireInParis/statuses/3908161849
- Madagascar Incredible, no radio and gives no real-time news on repression – http://twitter.com/ClaireInParis/statuses/3908154365
- demonstrators on Independence Av 2 / May 13 # Madagascar. Enforcement level Tahala Rarihasina – http://twitter.com/r1lita/statuses/3908116562
- 11:07am, #madagascar First tear gas in Ambohijatovo – http://twitter.com/ariniaina/statuses/3907641535
- heard gunshots or blasts from Ambohijatovo #madagascar… – http://twitter.com/irindra/statuses/3907416007
- The AU condemned the new government of Madagascar
- The “legalists” plan 2 rally at Ambohijatovo garden spuare today. 2 trucks of Militaries r already there. (kind of a déjà vu!) – http://twitter.com/ariniaina/statuses/3906092272
- Already 2 trucks of police to Ambohijatovo # Madagascar – http://twitter.com/raniry/statuses/3905697440
- The situation in Madagascar is # similar to that of January. On one side there is the government and other oppositions. – http://twitter.com/raniry/statuses/3905662371
- The AU condemned the new government of Madagascar – http://twitter.com/GibertPascal/statuses/3906707745
- Rajemison Rakotomaharo – Vice Chairman of the Transition in its own name – http://twitter.com/GibertPascal/statuses/3904728548
- Meeting the three spheres of influence Ambohjatovo to date – a full-scale test – http://twitter.com/GibertPascal/statuses/3904727795
- Rajoelina ‘trapped’ by his supporters in #Madagascar… interesting perspective. – http://twitter.com/toiletgoose/statuses/3896060246
- IMF Plans to Set #Madagascar Vanilla Price to ‘Negative’ & undo progress a.k.a the shitty news keeps coming – http://twitter.com/lrakoto/statuses/3893802011
- Members of the Zafy mouvance took part today to the demonstration in Magro led by politicians close to Ravalomanana #Madagascar – http://twitter.com/Randria_09/statuses/3887047285
- Very quickly Zafy became a major and influential player in the #Madagascar crisis.He has nothing to loose.The others better wake up. – http://twitter.com/rashaja/statuses/3880850458
- Public Media – The movement Zafy Albert prohibited antenna – http://twitter.com/GibertPascal/statuses/3881043353
- SADC – Madagascar remains suspended – http://twitter.com/GibertPascal/statuses/3881044883
- Another spicy analysis by NJ on #Madagascar situation – http://twitter.com/PetterKien/statuses/3865479275
- Madagascar Government Monja # Roindefo a – The Leader Fanilo released – http://twitter.com/GibertPascal/statuses/3857394451
- When they r away fr the throne, they r the angel, when they r in, they r the 1st that apply dictatorship – http://twitter.com/toiletgoose/statuses/3855032363
- SADC also rejects Rajoelinas unilateral gov in #Madagascar. What was the point Rajoelina? This was the obvs response – http://twitter.com/toiletgoose/statuses/3846234663
- #Madagascar cabinet ‘breaks deal’ (BBC) http://digs.by/GpT . Opposition to setup parallel gov? – http://twitter.com/toiletgoose/statuses/3845917004
- #Madagascar : Increased chatter about imminent army takeover. – http://twitter.com/ClaireInParis/statuses/3844326279
- #Madagascar PM names government, opposition rejects it – http://twitter.com/africastrategy/statuses/3842459913
- Tana is buzzing again? … a couple of consulates advising their citizens to stay away from Antaninarenina and Mahazoarivo – http://twitter.com/streetrover/statuses/3842119323
- TGV/Roindefo announced their new gvt amidst widespread opposition from all parties involved in #madagascar … Idiots @ the helm? Not4long – http://twitter.com/streetrover/statuses/3841604019
- Zafy intervene TV tonight: announce formation of 1 next gvt consensus with Ravalomanana and Ratsiraka # Madagascar – http://twitter.com/tomavana/statuses/3840861488
- #Madagascar Gvt Monja formé, Benja Razafimahaleo out! – http://twitter.com/raniry/statuses/3839030983
- The new government is here – http://twitter.com/pmalgachie/statuses/3838917442
- #Madagascar trans gov almost done w/ allies of Ra8 & Ratsiraka? Not gd allies if they agree 2 be part of this hack gov. – http://twitter.com/toiletgoose/statuses/3838153888
- Aparently it is hard to make up a concensus gov w/o other ppl. #Madagascar gov delayed a day – http://twitter.com/toiletgoose/statuses/3838010568
- #Madagascar Ponctualité et consensualité – http://twitter.com/GibertPascal/statuses/3834735836
- #Madagascar ‘The government is more or less formed’ said Monja Roindefo PM appointed by Rajoelina – http://twitter.com/malagasytwit/statuses/3829519395
- Crisis in #Madagascar goes on. No agreement on who should be president / prime minister of transitory gov – http://twitter.com/StefaanAnrys/statuses/3815732171
- Government opening Monja Roindefo – 400 CV already – http://twitter.com/GibertPascal/statuses/3812391268
- #Madagascar Tandem Andry Rajoelina-Monja Roindefo – Les refus directs et indirects fusent – http://twitter.com/GibertPascal/statuses/3812389111
- #Madagascar No you can’t !!! – http://twitter.com/GibertPascal/statuses/3800153589
- #Madagascar opposition reject Rajoelina’s unity govt – http://twitter.com/stunetii/statuses/3776594809
- US urges quick resolution in #Madagascar – http://twitter.com/toiletgoose/statuses/3769938474
- Zafy does have a point. So long as Rajoelina/Roindefo r part of the equation, talks will go nowhere. Need some other body. – http://twitter.com/toiletgoose/statuses/3761074533
- Here is another article from Reuters on the #Madagascar army’s position that makes a little more sense: – http://twitter.com/toiletgoose/statuses/3761042182
- #Madagascar armed forces reject takeover proposal. Armed forces will reject any appt no authorized by them? WTH? – http://twitter.com/toiletgoose/statuses/3760972811
- #Madagascar army reject opposition call to power UN urges respect of deal – http://twitter.com/africastrategy/statuses/3753462110
- Clash between 2 armies is looming in #Madagascar. The FIS (who led coup in march) affirmed their independence from the official army (EMMO) – http://twitter.com/Randria_09/statuses/3752756749
- Ban Ki-moon calls on all sides to adhere to power-sharing agreement – http://twitter.com/tomavana/statuses/3745477871
- Three spheres of influence in calling for the army – http://twitter.com/madatsara/statuses/3738069589
- Legalist protests resume to attempt to influencer the outcome of Maputo II in #Madagascar – http://twitter.com/toiletgoose/statuses/3731374147
- Dramé (United Nations) wants Rajoelina to stay President and a neutral PM #Madagascar – http://twitter.com/Randria_09/statuses/3729429229
- Live TVM, Andry Rajoelina announced that his movement will not go to Maputo September 4 – http://twitter.com/ariniaina/statuses/3717172909
- Ra8, Ratsiraka, Zafy movements forming an alliance against Rajoelina (Midi frontpage) – http://twitter.com/toiletgoose/statuses/3710567421
- Mada-tribune open letter to Monja Roindefo w/ petition for him to relinquish his role as PM in #Madagascar – http://twitter.com/toiletgoose/statuses/3690832831
- Hey… in good news… the endagered #Madagascar lemur is making a comeback. New population was recently found – http://twitter.com/toiletgoose/statuses/3689737358
- Rajoelina to pretend to consult ‘the forces of change’ tomorrow at Mahamasina #Madagascar – http://twitter.com/toiletgoose/statuses/3687252286
- The port of Tomasina #Madagascar ordered to pay 55 billion FMG in unpaid fees/interest?? Is that even possible? – http://twitter.com/toiletgoose/statuses/3687162962
- Another article in LaVerite regarding the TIKO rice scandal in #Madagascar – http://twitter.com/toiletgoose/statuses/3687065103
- Wikepedia entry for #Madagascar s Pety Rakotoniaina if anyone is interested – http://twitter.com/toiletgoose/statuses/3686958670
- Pety Rakotoniaina buys TIKO rice in #Madagascar and accuses Monja Roindefo of extorting the public chging 500Ar/kg – http://twitter.com/toiletgoose/statuses/3686935681
- Legalists cont to protest @ plc of legality in #Madagascar. Afr Chrtr states that Rajoelina shd not have leadership pos – http://twitter.com/toiletgoose/statuses/3686820293
- Leaking Turkish shipwreck sparks ecological emergency in #Madagascar – http://twitter.com/toiletgoose/statuses/3685850303
- équipe dépéchée sur place et 9 experts étrangers en refoulement sont attendus pour… re: – http://twitter.com/tomavana/statuses/3683931305
- Increasd chatter about imminent army takeover. Orange #madagascar reports secret(?) meetng of high rankd army officrs 2day – http://twitter.com/streetrover/statuses/3680449478
- Senior officers held a secret meeting … ready to act to the advantage of sup Nation – http://twitter.com/streetrover/statuses/3680357740
- lets B serious! Mediatrs expct EMAILED statemts from the rival prties on top posts by Fri, for the SADC summit – http://twitter.com/streetrover/statuses/3680175167
- TRT @tomavana: an ecological disaster off the shore of #Madagascar? 39K tons of PO4 spilled in ocean near St-Marie – http://twitter.com/lrakoto/statuses/3670589816 –
- Ousted leader takes tough line in Madagascan talks – http://twitter.com/pinguin_mada/statuses/3665590245
- Ana Gulser freighter ran aground at Cape St. Mary: Top Oil Spill # Madagascar? – http://twitter.com/tomavana/statuses/3664135674
- Midi Madagasikara scare this morning: “Panic in the foreign embassies” – http://twitter.com/pmalgachie/statuses/3651869088
- Rajoelina’s ascend to powr in #Madagascar maks a mockery … towards democratic … that #SADC aims . – http://twitter.com/solofo/statuses/3628056796
- Chissano silence on the outcome of the latest #madagascar talk got me thinking that Tiebile Drame & Co. may be just posturing. What’s next? – http://twitter.com/streetrover/statuses/3626117193
- LaVerite(pic)says Gen Fidy intervened in Ivato #Madagascar. At least we no 1 thing is tru Cmd Charles is crazy, lawsuit? – http://twitter.com/toiletgoose/statuses/3625355286
- 20 FIS waiting for Manandafy in #Madagascar. IOF members saw it and Monja Roindefo was present but did not intervene. – http://twitter.com/toiletgoose/statuses/3625224603
- More comment from Crazy Commander Charles. Manandafy has no place in #Madagascar & wants justice for what he said – http://twitter.com/toiletgoose/statuses/3624742814
- a perfect example of how media can spin a story 😦 most #Madagascar media points at HAT as the road block & RFI..well.. – http://twitter.com/lrakoto/statuses/3624601269
- Awful prescience after readin this http://tr.im/xpAO TGV “consulting” his base, whil the Frenchy propaganda machine doz it again #madagascar – http://twitter.com/streetrover/statuses/3623464047
- Talks End in Deadlock over the President and PM – http://twitter.com/mjgale/statuses/3622321530
- Q+A – What next for power-sharing in #Madagascar – http://twitter.com/rashaja/statuses/3613647554
- Wikipedia has an article for everything, here is an article on the capacity of #Madagascar s military – http://twitter.com/toiletgoose/statuses/3610172553
- 800 generals in #Madagascar were rumoured to be plotting a military takeover during Maputo reports Midi. – http://twitter.com/toiletgoose/statuses/3609679739
- members of the delegations report being roughd up by FIS/CAPSAT on their retrn frm Maputo @ the airport – http://twitter.com/streetrover/statuses/3606029287
- shrt clip of today’s incident outside the VIP lounge @ Ivato airport: RFI (1 soldier) against CAPSAT #madagascar – http://twitter.com/streetrover/statuses/3605932399
- Zafy declared “the Rajoelina mouvance is responsible for the failure of the negotiations in Maputo” – http://twitter.com/Randria_09/statuses/3604683434
- Here is a list of last proposals from each party. Didn’t know Zafy was such a Rajoelina fan – http://twitter.com/toiletgoose/statuses/3603371232
- Crazy Commander Charles combs Ivato for Manandafy for say SADC cant contain gasy soldiers or stg like that – http://twitter.com/toiletgoose/statuses/3603142691
- Rajoelina to consult “The People” on who shd lead the transition. Pretty sure he has made up his mind – http://twitter.com/toiletgoose/statuses/3603053012
- Rajoelina’s nomination wd b an insult 2 democratic principles. I would prefer a neutral authority says Ra8 – http://twitter.com/toiletgoose/statuses/3603039022
- We will never accept 2 legitimise the author of an unconstitutional chg by appting him head of the Pres. of #Madagascar – http://twitter.com/toiletgoose/statuses/3602988009
- Infamous Cdt Charles making threats again ( after US amabassador in March) this time it’s against Chissano – http://twitter.com/lrakoto/statuses/3601310304
- (local source) CAPSAT elemnts failed to arrest Manandafy @ Ivato airprt. Local ZP & RFI came to his rescue (2B Confd) – http://twitter.com/streetrover/statuses/3601204445
- #Madagascar power-sharing talks end without agreement in Maputo – http://twitter.com/tomavana/statuses/3599011545
- Second phase of #Madagascar crisis talks end without agreement. Deadlock. They need to decide a gvt by Sept 9th – http://twitter.com/rashaja/statuses/3594911300
- “STAFF working for the #Madagascar prime minister have been released after being arrested in Mozambique”… re: – http://twitter.com/tomavana/statuses/3590195252
- PM Monja Roindefo’s armed staff freed in Maputo – http://twitter.com/tomavana/statuses/3590168345
- Rabetsitonta asked the #madagascar armed forces on Wed to take over the national power so as to hold an early election – http://twitter.com/streetrover/statuses/3579712258
- A coup is not being appointed Head of State in #Madagascar say Ra8 and Ratsiraka. unlikely allies. – http://twitter.com/toiletgoose/statuses/3578481221
- Ratsiraka seeks transitional presidency in #Madagascar? – http://twitter.com/toiletgoose/statuses/3578368460
- Declaration from Ra8 on Maputo II, refusing to work with Rajoelina and wants to return as president? – http://twitter.com/toiletgoose/statuses/3578333353
- Of course he would reject Rajoelina… It would legitimize his presidency in #Madagascar – http://twitter.com/toiletgoose/statuses/3577316865
- PM Monja Roindefo’s secretary, bodyguards and aide-de-camp under arrest after in Maputo src AFP – http://twitter.com/tomavana/statuses/3564130803
- @ the end of the day, #madagascar leaders still deadlocked over top job (src: Reuters)What wld tmrw bring? – http://twitter.com/streetrover/statuses/3562150763
- Mozambican police arrest 5 armed men frm #madagascar aftr findng firearms in thr rooms @ a hotel housing peace negotiatrs – http://twitter.com/streetrover/statuses/3561734199
- Persistent words on the street fm Tana today: The mutinous elements of the army is plotting for a government takeover … Again? – http://twitter.com/streetrover/statuses/3561664485
- Peace talks for #Madagascar come to a screeching halt – http://twitter.com/lrakoto/statuses/3557253814
- VOA News – Second Round #Madagascar Talks End Wednesday – http://twitter.com/madatsara/statuses/3553176060
- Rude bataille à Maputo en vue de la présidence de la transition – http://twitter.com/madatsara/statuses/3553126992
- Maputo – les rivaux malgaches tentent de se partager le pouvoir – Le Monde.fr – http://twitter.com/madatsara/statuses/3553159049
- Chernobyl, I could believe. But #Madagascar? – http://twitter.com/babyalone/statuses/3549982733
- Hilarious: #Madagascar domain name fight: ravalomanana.com redirects to Rajoelina’s site: hat.gov.mg. Will #Maputo solve that ? 😀 – http://twitter.com/lrakoto/statuses/3541183249
- Madagascar leaders resume talks to end crisis – http://twitter.com/eshovelz/statuses/3538403359
- On-going: Maputo2 the brink of collapse, mtv movement withdrew from talks and would return to near Tana! Cinema ..? – http://twitter.com/streetrover/statuses/3537948859
- Manandafy in the delegation of “legalistic” – http://twitter.com/streetrover/statuses/3537740466
- Chissano has been firm, while some delegates wanted to renegotiate points
- Difficult talks resume to resolve #Madagascar crisis – http://twitter.com/malagasytwit/statuses/3536437638
- The movement Rajoelina threat to withdraw from negotiations to # Maputo. Coalition Zafy, Ratsiraka Ravalomanana appears to form # Madagascar – http://twitter.com/Randria_09/statuses/3536117447
- Maputo II, négociations délicates – http://twitter.com/madatsara/statuses/3532206498
- A member of Rajoelina’s delegation in Maputo, general Fidy led a military coup in 2006 against President Ravalomanana but failed #Madagascar – http://twitter.com/Randria_09/statuses/3531815547
- At the Ivato airport 2 members of the Ratsiraka mouvance (Ben Marofo and Andrianarisoa) welcomed the release of Manandafy #Madagascar: At.. – http://twitter.com/malagasytwit/statuses/3531768733
- Chissano said he had told the island’s military chiefs that “the clause” would not be removed – http://twitter.com/babyalone/statuses/3497390533
- Meeting with the new board of the association Malagasy youth in #Canada. Putting this dynamic organization back on track. #Madagascar – http://twitter.com/rashaja/statuses/3481407767
- “Spécialistes de coups d’état”… prudence et vigilance envers ces personnalités! – http://twitter.com/babyalone/statuses/3481088018
- Global greed for natural resources and colonialism are among the root causes of conflict in #Africa – http://twitter.com/babyalone/statuses/3480577860
- #Madagascar doubts linger The #DJ is not for going or sharing the turntable [Where is the #Daewoo money] – http://twitter.com/alykhansatchu/statuses/3406189177
- The devastating effects of the new colonialists: more on #landgrabbing #Madagascar – http://twitter.com/lrakoto/statuses/3386767079
- What a mess! #peacecorps withdrawal Who’s next? in line with #Madagascar – http://twitter.com/babyalone/statuses/3370676589
- Wondering if #Malagasy & the IC are still hopeful abt the “peace agreement” 4 #Madagascar after reading this: – http://twitter.com/lrakoto/statuses/3330902209
- South Africa will participate in the facilitation of the peace process in #Madagascar – http://twitter.com/babyalone/statuses/3330248404
- It looks the army is a major obstacle to any peace agreement in #Madagascar #fb sadly not surprised – http://twitter.com/lrakoto/statuses/3311004503
- Awaiting #Manandafy ‘s release, which should have happened yesterday (Thursday) – http://twitter.com/streetrover/statuses/3304385956
- Andry Rajoelina: the self proclaimed Godsend celebrates victory – http://twitter.com/toiletgoose/statuses/3300706096
- Mediator clarifies agreement between #Madagascar presidents – http://twitter.com/toiletgoose/statuses/3300671285
- #Madagascar army satisfied with power-sharing deal… didn’t know they had to be 🙂 – http://twitter.com/toiletgoose/statuses/3300619126
- Supporters of #Madagascar Transitional Authority Seek Power – http://twitter.com/toiletgoose/statuses/3300606057
- At first the military faction Ambotsorohitra are halved. More or fear is the beginning of the leak? – http://twitter.com/raniry/statuses/3285520402
- article suggesting that Maputo deal is very fragile and under threat from within (fr) – http://twitter.com/lrakoto/statuses/3263678501
- [BBC] Political force: How #Madagascar bloggers grew up amid turmoil – http://twitter.com/pinguin_mada/statuses/3262814333 (mentions me)
- Experts wary on Madagascar’s power sharing deal – http://twitter.com/babyalone/statuses/3250820301
- Videos de l’arrivée des délégations à Ivato – http://twitter.com/r1lita/statuses/3242402165
- #Madagascar: New Deal Could Unblock Aid Pipeline – http://twitter.com/streetrover/statuses/3229933706
- Q+A-Can Madagascar’s rivals work together? – http://twitter.com/streetrover/statuses/3229899167 –
- Words on the street in Tana: Fear of a military coup against the (now obsolete) HAT + ‘directoire militaire’ (see TopMada) – http://twitter.com/streetrover/statuses/3229810791
- Fetison on Radio Fahazavana: All the legalists protests @ Magro will cease starting this evening, in line with the Maputo accord – http://twitter.com/streetrover/statuses/3229636108
- #madagascar #rajoelina seems 2B talking about smthing completely diffrnt from the Maputo accord on his return. ‘hope I misunderstood him – http://twitter.com/streetrover/statuses/3223634425
- Les postes-clés, pomme de discorde http://bit.ly/4uZ6FC (expand) :ces mécontents se soucient de leur intérêt perso .. – http://twitter.com/madatsara/statuses/3222799473
- Rivals to form unity govt: Political rivals – Andry Rajoelina and Marc Ravalomanana – http://twitter.com/madatsara/statuses/3222715617
- A quick surf of the #madagascar (politics) related sites this morning: ‘looks like http://www.tim-madagascar.net is down? – http://twitter.com/streetrover/statuses/3222686085
- Peace for #Madagascar?: Leaders of Madagascar’s main political movements signed a transition … – http://twitter.com/madatsara/statuses/3205926368
- #Madagascar: un accord sur une transition signé: Un accord sur une transition politique à Madagascar – http://twitter.com/madatsara/statuses/3205914994
- #Madagascar: les négociations focalisées sur l’amnistie de Ravalomanana – http://twitter.com/madatsara/statuses/3194484600
- Sources say that there was a confrontation b/w armed forces CAPSAT and protesters in Ankorondrano, Tana. Tear gas were thrown #Madagascar – http://twitter.com/lrakoto/statuses/3192355034
- Ravalomanana will return, new transition gvt in formation: PM+VPM(3)+Min(18); Conseils Sup(Incl senators);Deputes(118) – http://twitter.com/streetrover/statuses/3190779205
- how many times did #rajoelina leave the negociation table in the last 48hours? #maputo – http://twitter.com/hairyt/statuses/3188443251
- A possible conclusion 2 #Madagascar talks on Saturday. A new govt possibly in the works, elections in 15 months (fr) – http://twitter.com/lrakoto/statuses/3188333914
- #Maputo summit is just a kidgarden, the main job is to neutralize militias in #Madagascar led by Cdt Charles & Rakotondranasana – http://twitter.com/solofo/statuses/3183772021
- #Madagascar crisis talks focus on amnesty – http://twitter.com/thierry_ratsiz/statuses/3183064837
- Indep. sources suggest that #Rajoelina may have left the negotiation table at the #Madagascar crisis talk – http://twitter.com/lrakoto/statuses/3182868260
- “@RFI says that the atmosphere is explosive at #Madagascar crisis talk” – http://twitter.com/lrakoto/statuses/3182420185
- RT @RFI_Francais #Madagascar / Sommet de Maputo – L’amnistie en question – http://twitter.com/madatsara/statuses/3179119185
- #Madagascar: annulation des charges contre l’ancien président Ratsiraka “acquise” – http://twitter.com/hery/statuses/3175922074
- #France adds Ambatovy to its war chest, TGV hired a frnch law firm to invalidate Sherritt’s mining certificate #madagascar – http://twitter.com/ragasy/statuses/3175556152
- As #Mg leaders wrestle in Maputo, UN reports: Volatile climate, politics leave access to food precarious in #Madagascar – http://twitter.com/lrakoto/statuses/31737316360
- Insightful article by @Ndimby on why one should not expect much from #Madagascar negotiations in #Maputo – http://twitter.com/lrakoto/statuses/3169601854 –
- the army of #Madagascar isn’t against a legal situation, only officers who made the #coup are: Organes, Rakotondranasana, Charles.. – http://twitter.com/solofo/statuses/3168908534
- #Madagascar armed forces to reject forced agreement on crisis / rejecting b4 it even started, WTH ? – http://twitter.com/lrakoto/statuses/3168333207
- VOA is following #Madagascar talks. Debriefer w/VOA Madagascar correspondent: – http://twitter.com/VOAAfrica/statuses/3167663233
- TGV and Ravalomanana abordent (enfin) des sujets qui fachent – src: France24 – http://twitter.com/streetrover/statuses/3167323266
- Hillary says we’re committed to trade with Africa -…-Needless tragedy of AGOA in #Madagascar. – http://twitter.com/madatsara/statuses/3166944347
- Seen on Ratsiraka and TGV’s pictures from Maputo: What do H.E.A. and H.E.D actually mean? – http://twitter.com/streetrover/statuses/3167351198
- Is it true that Cdt Charles is in #Maputo with tgv during #Madagascar talk ? Odd – http://twitter.com/lrakoto/statuses/3166569560
- Speech by Marc Ravalomanana Psdt Maputo + photo – Speech of Marc Ravalomanana – http://twitter.com/topmada/statuses/3164532990
- TOP LEVEL SUMMIT WELL UNDER WAY – http://twitter.com/madatsara/statuses/3164046571
- Closed meeting between presidents – http://twitter.com/madatsara/statuses/3164039447
- Maputo: The atmosphere between MM. Rajoelina seemed cold and Ravalomanana – http://twitter.com/pmalgachie/statuses/3149498202
- Given the current state of affairs, it’s very obvious that France is the biggest obstacle to “peace”, let alone development in #madagascar – http://twitter.com/streetrover/statuses/3148494353
- Voninahatsy of HAT in Midi warns that “there will be no signature in Maputo. What use to negotiate when – http://twitter.com/Randria_09/statuses/3142063357
- Blackmail of the military: it promises disorders if returned to Ravalomanana. Who really governs the country – http://twitter.com/Randria_09/statuses/3141885293
- Ouverture d’une réunion de médiation à Maputo (RFI) – http://twitter.com/malagasytwit/statuses/3140494295
- RT @madagascarwire #Madagascar rivals to hold talks in Mozambique – Reuters – http://twitter.com/thierry_ratsiz/statuses/3128862560
- Rivals to Meet in Top-Level Summit – http://twitter.com/pinguin_mada/statuses/3122797723 –
- Randria_09: #Clinton in #Kenya expected to talk about AGOA eligibilty of #Madagascar after the coup. Will the US strengthen the pressure ? – http://twitter.com/Randria_09/statuses/3121164772
- #peacecorps [BLOG] Evacuated #madagascar: #peacecorps [BLOG] Evacuated #madagascar – http://twitter.com/malagasytwit/statuses/3116055799
- report of threats from putchist Rajoelina’s advisor Pierre Sellier – http://twitter.com/Anne1able/statuses/3108646672
- Madagascar back on the agenda – SADC talks on Wednesday in Maputo. #Madagascar #SADC. But what’s the desired outcome? – http://twitter.com/alimerifield/statuses/3103854325
- Les légalistes cherchent à renforcer leur mouvement – Sobika – http://twitter.com/TsikioNews/statuses/3093359830
- Ratsirahonana défend la charte de la Transition du … – Sobika – http://twitter.com/TsikioNews/statuses/3093358392
- MADAGASCAR : Charte de Transition : 378 personnes à placer – Sobika – http://
- triste histoire, n’étant malheureusement pas unique…, les sentiments non plus… – http://twitter.com/PetterKien/statuses/3085481908
07-12-09 to 07-31-09:
- Data corruption and loss… sorry bout that.
- Madagascan president agrees to hold earlier presidential election – http://twitter.com/StefaanAnrys/statuses/2584023063
- 9 Chikungunya cases confirmed in Toamasina as per Ministry of Health Madagascar – http://twitter.com/tomavana/statuses/2568861284
- 3 to 6000 blogs written by Malagasy? – http://twitter.com/thierry_ratsiz/statuses/2567869532
- Rijaherinjakaa pointed out, madagascar elections in 2009? read article FRENCH – http://twitter.com/StefaanAnrys/statuses/2565347160
- Madagascar elections by end 2009 ??? – http://twitter.com/StefaanAnrys/statuses/2551468117
- Will Madagascar suffer hunger now? – http://twitter.com/StefaanAnrys/statuses/2549879824
- Madagascar turns away from western donors. To the Arabs? – http://twitter.com/StefaanAnrys/statuses/2548197124 –
- the LEAGUE CAMEROUNAISE of HUMAN RIGHTS Ravalomanana called for genocidal untouchable among others – http://twitter.com/madatsara/statuses/2547766997
- L’Europe a dit NON au Madagascar video FRANCAIS – http://twitter.com/StefaanAnrys/statuses/2529863120
- Director General for EU aid states that results of the Madagascar HAT are not at all satisfactory. – http://twitter.com/toiletgoose/statuses/2523293454
- Dispite failing to convince the EU to continue aid… Monja calls the trip a success? The new gvmnt of Madagascar is crazy. – http://twitter.com/toiletgoose/statuses/2523252663
- One photo of protestors at EU head quarters in Brussels. They want the EU to further condemn the Madagascar coup d’etat – http://twitter.com/toiletgoose/statuses/2523182014
- lexpressmada: The European Union considered unsatisfactory proposals Andry Rajoelina yesterday. – http://twitter.com/madatsara/statuses/2512257037
- Human rights are ignored in solving the current political crisis
- A lot of good news for this traveltuesday: US lift travel warning to madagascar effective july 7th 2009 – http://twitter.com/saveoursmile/statuses/2511023144
- The taxi-brousse start having many customers! Great vacation, this is normal! – http://twitter.com/antsirabe/statuses/2510618982
- Proposals for Rajoelina not satisfactory, according to the EU. – http://twitter.com/pinguin_mada/statuses/2509634173
- The Saudis are back in Madagascar for project export water – http://twitter.com/tomavana/statuses/2505001537
- No News.
- Amnesty International calls for inquiry on 07.02.2009 at Madagascar – http://twitter.com/tomavana/statuses/2504940491
- Malagasy guitar master living in Canada: Madagascar Slim reveals some guitar tips via @AccessAll – http://twitter.com/tomavana/statuses/2502570706
- 3 sources connected to SA security sector tell of alleged mercenary effort to restore Ra8 to power in Madagascar – http://twitter.com/toiletgoose/statuses/2492831089
- Reporters without borders report on threat to news reporters in Madagascar media in more detail. – http://twitter.com/toiletgoose/statuses/2492811295
- We aren’t going 2 defend the HAT or myself. We r going to discuss EU aid to ‘the people’ of Madagascar – http://twitter.com/toiletgoose/statuses/2492789829
- Growing threat to news media in Madagascar. Websites blocked, heavy handed arrests of journalists – http://twitter.com/toiletgoose/statuses/2492743663
- HAT is on its way to Brussels to explain how its coup d’etat is legit, and y they should retain support – http://twitter.com/toiletgoose/statuses/2492700549
- EU – HAT Dialogue in Brussels is determining J-2 – http://twitter.com/madatsara/statuses/2473514290
- Outcome of EU meeting could determine the 577 million euro of assistance from 2007 – 2012 for Madagascar. – http://twitter.com/toiletgoose/statuses/2492759013
- Honduras gets Iran treatment, but Niger & Madagascar ignored? Which Coups Count? – http://twitter.com/donosborn/statuses/2468548157
- The hazards associated with the export of the water Madagascar – http://twitter.com/Rijaherinjakaa/statuses/2467203509
- HAT Madagascar denies wanting to acquire 23 helicopters Belgian – http://twitter.com/tomavana/statuses/2467078604
- The region Atsinanana advocates a federal constitution to Madagascar – http://twitter.com/tomavana/statuses/2467050480
- HAT snubbed by US and is not invited to the Independance Day celebrations – http://twitter.com/toiletgoose/statuses/2463965561
- Arch Bishop of Antsirabe Madagascar gets down on knees and blesses Rajoelina – http://twitter.com/toiletgoose/statuses/2463924195
- Legalists pinning new hope for Madagascar on the Syrte Summit – http://twitter.com/toiletgoose/statuses/2462662026
- A new ‘people power’ opposition movement to the HAT? Will Toliara Mijoro start another set of rallies in Madagascar – http://twitter.com/toiletgoose/statuses/2462642246
- Did I read this right, the potential for Madagascar army to purchase 23 helicopters? Where’s the money coming from – http://twitter.com/toiletgoose/statuses/2462599931
- Either Sarkozy is a hypocrite, or he doesn’t know what his soldiers do. 2 Fr officers decorated in Madagascar on Jun 2 – http://twitter.com/toiletgoose/statuses/2462565606
- visa lawyer Charles Poncet Tiko group has been refused by the Embassy of Madagascar in Switzerland. src fahazavana radio. – http://twitter.com/pinguin_mada/statuses/2452697172
- Open letter to the European Union: Free Madagascar
- Growing threat to news media from political tension – http://twitter.com/pinguin_mada/statuses/2452119423
- On July07 Ra8 gov suspended granting of nationality Malagasy children of mixed couples – http://twitter.com/tomavana/statuses/2451613191
- Reading “Water grab: another license to steal” on hope for madagascar – http://twitter.com/r1lita/statuses/2451078987
- The land available to foreigners, shouldn’t the minister responsible for Daewoo deal be fired? – http://twitter.com/pinguin_mada/statuses/2450767362
- Mercenaries plan Madagascar ‘coup’ – http://twitter.com/pinguin_mada/statuses/2449631797
- 23 Belgian army helicopters sold to the HAT Madagascar? – http://twitter.com/malagasytwit/statuses/2446250532
- Honduras coup sounds strikingly similar to Madagascar coup. Just replace Zelaya with Ravalomanana… – http://twitter.com/toiletgoose/statuses/2439434506
- Rising price of diesel from 2 120 to 2 400 Ariary Ariary per liter, an increase of over 10% – http://twitter.com/pinguin_mada/statuses/2436526490
- Madagascan officials not invited for US Independent day madagascar – http://twitter.com/r1lita/statuses/2436177765
- Battle of the name ‘Gasy Tanindrazana tia “to gatita Madagascar vs TWG – http://twitter.com/malagasytwit/statuses/2418824029
- Why do bomb threats are increasing in Antananarivo Madagascar? To sow “the seeds of terror”? – http://twitter.com/tomavana/statuses/2417616833
- Early controversy surrounding the export of the water Madagascar – http://twitter.com/tomavana/statuses/2417463586
- the HAT’s surprise reveals a lack of contacts in the regions, IMO Tana is far & ppl don’t care about who’s in charge Madagascar – http://twitter.com/tomavana/statuses/2410539540
- Claims federalism HAT Madagascar took the course – http://twitter.com/tomavana/statuses/2410032675
- Search for other modes of financing without selling a collective heritage – http://twitter.com/tomavana/statuses/2404537166
- Acad Malagasy chgs Merina dialect title fr “official” (fiteny ofisialy) to “standard” (fiteny fenitra) orange.mg – http://twitter.com/tarasambo/statuses/2404207928
- Because a tourist sent a newspaper article to friends he is being held in jail in Nosy Be Madagascar – http://twitter.com/toiletgoose/statuses/2402911362
- AU rejects monopoly election by Madagascan authority – http://twitter.com/pmalgachie/statuses/2402267065 –
- What a disappointment. Canada condemns Honduran coup, where were they for Madagascar? Must have kept quiet for Rio Tinto – http://twitter.com/toiletgoose/statuses/2390510347
- The HAT throws Ra8 out of Madagascar because of a jet. Yet, the HAT buys 3 helicopters? True? – http://twitter.com/toiletgoose/statuses/2388997523
- Reuters timeline as Madagascar celebrates independance – http://twitter.com/toiletgoose/statuses/2387742522
- Ravalomanana attends Madagascar peace talks in Libya – http://twitter.com/toiletgoose/statuses/2387523925
- Belgium considers selling military helicopters to Madagascar. A country in turmoil an unelected usurper chased away.. – http://twitter.com/tomavana/statuses/2376677502
- Press conference of lawyers in Tiko Geneve holiday Independence of Madagascar – http://twitter.com/tomavana/statuses/2377703180
- Fetison Rakoto Andrianirina, spokesman TIM considered as’ slippage ‘VIVA closure to Madagascar – http://twitter.com/tomavana/statuses/2377170411
- violent tornado in Toliary : 4 dead, 16 injured, 234 roofless houses IndependenceDay Madagascar – http://twitter.com/tomavana/statuses/2377084482 –
- signing export water Madagascar to the Persian Gulf – http://twitter.com/tomavana/statuses/2376574934
- When putchistes of Madagascar led by Rajoelina sell water from a river to Saudi – http://twitter.com/solofo/statuses/2376214189
- Ra8 in Libya for AU summit – http://twitter.com/malagasytwit/statuses/2376131967
- Internet = 80 Ariary per min at 126ks A fortune for the locals. Forget connectivity – http://twitter.com/malagasytwit/statuses/2376131735
- Mostly independance day tweets
- Independance day tweets
- Chronologie de #Madagascar (1787-2009) – http://twitter.com/tomavana/statuses/2342801781
- All leaders of legalists protests have been arrested yesterday and today – http://twitter.com/ariniaina/statuses/2342463602
- Legalists are surrounded by armed militaries at Magro Ankorondrano and are not allowed to go out by groups (via on-site friend) – http://twitter.com/ariniaina/statuses/2342419807
- A bomb exploded around noon in Mahamasina. No injures. – http://twitter.com/raniry/statuses/2342256923
- Madagascar: MP Yves-Aime arrested by CNME… – http://twitter.com/thierry_ratsiz/statuses/2329973277
- CAPINTEL LEAVES MADAGASCAR: Yesterday, around 06.00pm I was surprised to see that … – http://twitter.com/solofo/statuses/2329045837
- Looks like it will be a long stalemate. “The key is the physical return of Marc Ravalomanana to Madagascar – http://twitter.com/toiletgoose/statuses/2327800405
- Madagascar Holds Opposition Bomb Suspects – http://twitter.com/toiletgoose/statuses/2326116467
- Madagascar arrests bomb attacks suspects – http://twitter.com/toiletgoose/statuses/2326109822
- 30 days until the next AU negociator for the Madagascar crisis? – http://twitter.com/toiletgoose/statuses/2326105289
- Pandora’s box – Madagascar youth at crossroads – http://twitter.com/toiletgoose/statuses/2326088768
- MADAGASCAR: A shell-shocked youth – http://twitter.com/malagasytwit/statuses/2313276054 –
- The bombers to stop Madagascar – The opposition accused – http://twitter.com/pmalgachie/statuses/2310822264
- that’s the problem – I really don’t know what’s the truth in Madagascar! Land of honohono? – http://twitter.com/tarasambo/statuses/2308163867
- Question: r there any radio/tv stations in Madagascar that tell the truth about current situation? – http://twitter.com/tarasambo/statuses/2307865397
- Rajoelina is now saying that Ravalomanana is planning a coup for Madagascar, How can it possibly be a coup if true?
- Rajoelina Ravalomanana accused to prepare his return by force – http://twitter.com/tomavana/statuses/2298385706
- Open letter “Why so much hatred?” – http://twitter.com/ariniaina/statuses/2297945949
- The U.S. Ambassador to Madagascar said yesterday that the volunteer work back to Madagascar – http://twitter.com/tandriamirado/statuses/2292565271
- roundtheoutside Manakara Madagascar police force dispatchd 2 arrest mercenary! Bungalow ownr questioned, Riaan’s pprs checked/released? – http://twitter.com/tandriamirado/statuses/2291627016
- African politicians of all sorts lining up to arbitrate in madagascar . Who’s next? … Wanna bet who’s the puppeteer? – http://twitter.com/streetrover/statuses/2289880949
- Rajoelina appoints a new head to JIRIMA in Madagascar – http://twitter.com/toiletgoose/statuses/2287366699
- Madagascar army unhappy that salaries haven’t risen as promised. No such thing as a free coup d’etat. – http://twitter.com/tarasambo/statuses/2281613086
- Shd we question madatimes? Front pg inside pics of AF447, actually pics of TVs LOST – http://twitter.com/toiletgoose/statuses/2278255752
- Join the protest against the coup and human rights violation in madagascar on June 25 near the UN @ Ralph Bunche Park , 1st Ave NYC – http://twitter.com/streetrover/statuses/2273897951
- ‘officially’ it seems that no country involved in armed confrontation Madagascar re: -http://twitter.com/malagasytwit/statuses/2270141309
- Madagascar being advised on democracy by Swaziland and Zimbabwe? The older I get the less I understand – http://twitter.com/tomavana/statuses/2269317240
- A bloody joke! African dictatros offer solutions 2 Madagascar plight, yet turnin their own countriz in2 complete s**t holes – http://twitter.com/streetrover/statuses/2268030597
- widespread panic after explosion at madagascar rugby match; turns out to be a firecracker. Are we jumpy or what? – http://twitter.com/tandriamirado/statuses/2266956528
- Orange.mg reporting an explosion during a rugby match in Antanimena @ 17:00 local time in madagascar – http://twitter.com/streetrover/statuses/2265724409
- South African states named a former president of Mozambique to lead negotiations to solve madagascar ‘s crisis
- SADC rejects military option for Madagascar – http://twitter.com/tomavana/statuses/2263283604
- Regional leaders push for Madagascar multi-party talks – http://twitter.com/thierry_ratsiz/statuses/2261660089
- Ravalomanana, has not expressed at the summit Saturday, according to a source close to President – http://twitter.com/streetrover/statuses/2260484120
- ‘looks like the next madagascar summit will be in Kinshasha (Congo) – http://twitter.com/streetrover/statuses/2260452277
- Outcome of SADC summit: more talks are needed … Joaquim Chissano to lead the dialogue in madagascar – http://twitter.com/streetrover/statuses/2260420224
- madagascar waiting for SADC initiative – http://twitter.com/Rijaherinjakaa/statuses/2257590984
- Liked “New Study Reveals mixture of both African/Asian genetic ancestry in Malagasy People #mtDNA #Madagascar…” – http://twitter.com/tandriamirado/statuses/2256414716
- Imminent declaration of SADC head of states summit, which incidently has the authoriT to mandate the SADC-BRIG for peace mission #madagascar – http://twitter.com/streetrover/statuses/2254153083
- US gvt on the situation in madagascar : “condemns the coup, but remains impartial” – audio report by Voice of America – http://twitter.com/streetrover/statuses/2253862973
- Military is not happy. HAT promised increased salary and bonus by independance day. Upcoming problems in Madagascar? – http://twitter.com/toiletgoose/statuses/2247560498
- Cost of gas up in #Madagascar 12.6% from 2,380 Ar to 2,680 – http://twitter.com/toiletgoose/statuses/2247534929
- SA Foreign Min. Maite Nkoana-Mashabane says there is no other solution for Madagascar except for a political solution – http://twitter.com/toiletgoose/statuses/2247436489
- Another protest link for Daewoo Madagascar with Daewoo names and addresses for protestors – http://twitter.com/toiletgoose/statuses/2247404697
- If Rajoelina hasn’t confirmed the sale of Force 1, hasn’t helped the poor and hasn’t cancelled Daewoo. What has he done for Madagascar – http://twitter.com/toiletgoose/statuses/2247365160
- Here is another brief protest site dated June 19th for the Daewoo Madagascar deal – http://twitter.com/toiletgoose/statuses/2247327982
- The Madagascar Daewoo deal may not be completely dead! Rainforest Rescue says they hold 218,000 hectares – http://twitter.com/toiletgoose/statuses/2247288697
- Interesting story on business dealings in Madagascar with Rajoelina – http://twitter.com/toiletgoose/statuses/2246798774 –
- madagascar HAT signe un accord avec… Daewoo – http://twitter.com/babyalone/statuses/2245984464
- Tear gas launched at legalists in Antsirabe (15??) Because of the HAT ban on demonstrations in Madagascar in June – http://twitter.com/toiletgoose/statuses/2242022496
- Another article on the Madagascar HAT invitation to Brussels over breach of Contou agreement – http://twitter.com/toiletgoose/statuses/2241986509
- HAT revokes Ra8’s Madagascar diplomatic passport. Funny, they think it will make a diff since the AU is against the HAT – http://twitter.com/toiletgoose/statuses/2241969217
- Brussels calls on the HAT. Meeting to initiate countdown timer for the cessation of EU support/funding to Madagascar – http://twitter.com/toiletgoose/statuses/2241813080
- Not sure if this was posted already or not, Xinhua article on craft bomb defused in Madagascar – http://twitter.com/toiletgoose/statuses/2241634322
- EU envoy Jean-Claude Boidin said HAT fails to respect human rights and democracy in Madagascar , will renew pressure – http://twitter.com/toiletgoose/statuses/2241586096
- South-Africa: President Jacob Zuma to host SADC Extra-Ordinary Madagascar Summit this week end – http://twitter.com/streetrover/statuses/2233726476
- Political turmoil Madagascar is having a huge impact on a group of Malagasy students in Nashville vid – http://twitter.com/tomavana/statuses/2233710039
- Today: emergency meeting of SADC followed by Heads of state meeting on Sat to help restore constitutl order in madagascar – http://twitter.com/streetrover/statuses/2233665344
- prez déchu de Madagascar a-t-il engagé avocat Geneve Me Charles Poncet pour défendre intérêts de son groupe TIKO? – http://twitter.com/tomavana/statuses/2229576311
- prez forfeit Madagascar he hired attorney Charles Geneva # Poncet to defend interests of his group TIKO? – http://twitter.com/tomavana/statuses/2229576311
- Ravalomanana “applauds” the decision of the SADC – http://twitter.com/malagasytwit/statuses/2225188123
- US condemns unconstitutional actions that led to the current situation in madagascar & rejects use of force as a way out – http://twitter.com/streetrover/statuses/2223072489
- Southern African leaders will begin emergency summit in Johannesburg on Friday to end the political crisis in Madagascar – http://twitter.com/streetrover/statuses/2223072489
- Donors press for resumption of Madagascar talks – http://twitter.com/toiletgoose/statuses/2222687369
- Gvt insurrectional of Madagascar has sent its military pr break embassy in Paris amid french. Strange! – http://twitter.com/streetrover/statuses/2222336270
- Until Madagascar ‘s tortuous politics is sorted out, donors are unlikely to open their wallets – http://twitter.com/toiletgoose/statuses/2221566323
- HAT Security plan ‘Vigi Madagascar ‘ to perform systematic identity verification of international tourists (sobika FR) – http://twitter.com/toiletgoose/statuses/2221047958
- HAT artist Sareraka says 400 ‘mercenaries’ are coming by boat or helicopter. Ra8 & legalists r enemies of Madagascar – http://twitter.com/toiletgoose/statuses/2220994079
- CNAP again on strike again in Madagascar for the dismissal of DG (Midi FR) – http://twitter.com/toiletgoose/statuses/2220942696
- Madagascar three months without financial or economic help. Heading towards recession (Midi FR) – http://twitter.com/toiletgoose/statuses/2220923893 –
- HAT wants to remove legalists from Magro Madagascar? – http://twitter.com/toiletgoose/statuses/2220900611
- Which of the two parties bluffing? – http://twitter.com/toiletgoose/statuses/2220885542
- S.Africa to host SADC summit on Madagascar crisis – http://twitter.com/toiletgoose/statuses/2220865858
- Ravalomanana movement wants an early resumption of negociations (madatribun FR) – http://twitter.com/toiletgoose/statuses/2220845062
- Marc Ravalomanana is no more on foreign soil says Ambroise Ravonison (madaonline) – http://twitter.com/toiletgoose/statuses/2220814728
- The “legalistic” to resume negotiations – http://twitter.com/pinguin_mada/statuses/2220364711
- pro-Ravalomanana said he was against arrival of mercenaries to Madagascar but for overseas military – http://twitter.com/tomavana/statuses/2220019270
- Words on the street: There may B more action at the madagascar embassy in Paris 2day. Rossy & others R on their way! TGV is not far – http://twitter.com/streetrover/statuses/2217936524
- US regrets the suspension of the AU & UN led mediation process in – http://twitter.com/tomavana/statuses/2214170073
- Talks indefinitely suspended in madagascar (src: NYTimes)- A prelude to a violent confrontation? God helps us all! – http://twitter.com/streetrover/statuses/2207959821
- Fonenana to route d ‘ Arivonimamo Madagascar (RN1), private plane made a forced landing (no crash!). Whew! – http://twitter.com/tandriamirado/statuses/2207552259
- It looks like it’s getting really serious (and physical) at the Madagascar embassy in Paris. – http://twitter.com/streetrover/statuses/2207280969
- A plane fell on the side of Madagascar Arivonimamo according Antsiva Radio. Waiting for news. – http://twitter.com/tandriamirado/statuses/2206939046
- GM of TIKO & head of Alma jailed. Chg’d w/ complicity to pwr abuse, public fund mbzlmnt & conf of interest – http://twitter.com/toiletgoose/statuses/2206727555
- ONTM promotes tourism in Madagascar despite crisis. – http://twitter.com/toiletgoose/statuses/2206644123
- Rumours of the imminent return of Ra8 to #Madagascar. The HAT is on watch – http://twitter.com/toiletgoose/statuses/2205734496
- AU suspends Madagascar crisis talks Reuters Lots of Bark but evidently no Bite. – http://twitter.com/alykhansatchu/statuses/2204784189
- Hunger Stalks Drought-Stricken South 2 – http://twitter.com/fluffyhoneybee/statuses/2204262107 –
- Hunger Stalks Drought-Stricken South – http://twitter.com/pinguin_mada/statuses/2203306094 –
- W/o AGOA, scores of jobs will be lost, foreign currency level is going to fall, competitiveness of Madagascar at stake – http://twitter.com/toiletgoose/statuses/2201391381
- word on the street: rajoelina plans to be at the madagascar embassy in Paris tomorrow!! His excuse: look @ the damage from this week end – http://twitter.com/streetrover/statuses/2200114606
- rajoelina exports his terrorist act: madagascar embassy in Paris was vandalized + death threat to the ambassador – http://twitter.com/streetrover/statuses/2199992158
- What hope for peace following shutdown # Madagascar negotiations? – http://twitter.com/tomavana/statuses/2197674483
- Malagasy Embassy in Paris (loyal to frmr pdt Ravalomanana) was vandalized , will get photos up soon hopefully – http://twitter.com/lrakoto/statuses/2195350217
- The Madagascar Embassy in Paris was found vandalized this morning. Windows were broken. – http://twitter.com/streetrover/statuses/2193174829
- General Manager of Tiko, Heriniaina Razafimahefa was arrested this morning #rajoelina ‘s terror continues – http://twitter.com/streetrover/statuses/2193053276
- Jean Marc Chataîgner only diplomat advising Rajoelina at talks, Ra8 tried to chg 100yr old Fr domination in Madagascar – http://twitter.com/toiletgoose/statuses/2187870866
- 600,000 people in Madagascar to be food insecure compared with 381,000 in 2008 – http://twitter.com/toiletgoose/statuses/2187817020
- Read smwhre on malagasy forum: ” France has become a party to the negotiation in madagascar “… where’s the outrage? – http://twitter.com/streetrover/statuses/2185648865
- FB TRT: Maïka Razafindrabesa: Explosion at Leader Price Antananarivo Madagascar . No injuries but imp. damages. – http://twitter.com/lrakoto/statuses/2184645570
- Madagascar Here we go again, Rajoelina saying ‘the people’ wd not accept amnesty that allows the return 4 RA8, sheesh – http://twitter.com/toiletgoose/statuses/2180535675
- Many people in Madagascar support military intervention and intend to write Mugabe for support – http://twitter.com/toiletgoose/statuses/2180387072
- This week we remember Madagascar and pray that the leaders of political parties will seek peace – http://twitter.com/tandriamirado/statuses/2175560726
- No tweets of consequence
- Madagascar Censure : Story
- Political negotiation in #Madagascar suspended, Ny Hasina Andriamanjato rejects amnesty requests! : Story
- Conservation success in #Madagascar proves illusory in crisis : Story
- Power sharing deal in Mauritania, an example for #Madagascar? – Story
- Armed Forces Minister Noel Rakotonandrasana staes military on high alert in #Madagascar – Story
- Another article on the March to Ambohijitavo #Madagascar – Story
- AU mediator calls for the political actors’ responsibility in #Madagascar – Story
- FJKM’s president back to #Madagascar – Story
- 6 bombs explode in Ambohijatovo tear gas – Story
- Attention habitants de Tanà #Madagascar , Radio Antsiva signale 3 barrages (Ankadifotsy, Andohalo, +1)
- Round Table in the Senate on the situation in Madagascar – Story
- Make Madagascar a breadbasket of Africa, only 6% of 36 million hectares are cultivated – Story
- On the COMESA site, don’t see anything relating to resolution of conflict by force… – Story
- For two weeks, legalists have been refused the authorization to organize rallies in the city of Antsirabe #Madagascar – Story
- something odd is a-brewing in #Madagascar and I am a bit weary of more potential violence
- The legalist ralliers are all in Ambohijatovo democracy square now. There are several millitaries all around the square.
- all the legalist ralliers from MAGRO, are now heading to Ambohijatovo democracy square. No clash till now …
- hum, looks like we might be bracing for some turmoils again soon.
- Danger! #madagascar SADC/COMESA is nw set for action – Story1 – Story2
- Getting physical @ the #madagascar #embassy in Paris. Today’s event @ – Pictures – Story
- Strike after strike. Monja Roindefo promises in the next couple of days a solution to all problems – Story
- France, U.N. warn against #Madagascar military option – Story
- SADC meets next week on #Madagascar – Story
- An exit from the crisis: amnesty, a hurdle to negotiations. Is the HAT trying to keep Didier and Marc out of #Madagascar – Story
- #Madagascar military option needs study: ousted president – Story
- The defenders of legality expect Marc Ravalomanana’s return to #Madagascar before June 26th – Story
- Comesa mulls military action – Story
- COMESA DEMANDS RESTORATION OF DEMOCRACY IN #MADAGASCAR – Story
- Africa: Continent Makes Unsteady But Remarkable Progress, Says Report – Story
- UN grants #Madagascar 6.5 mln USD in aid to drought victims – Story
- The future is #orange maybe, only if we could #regulate or #deregulate #telecom in #madagascar to decide on future – Story
- International community calls for action against gangs’ illegal logging in #Madagascar – Story
- COMESA refusing to “limit its scope to trade issues” for #Madagascar – Story
- Daewoo deal referenced in Ethopian article: Inside the Barley Republic: Ethiopia’s land on fire sale – Story
- Conservationists call for action against illegal logging – Story
- Comesa mulls military action – Story
- Mugabe says Africa should end conflicts, increase self-reliance – Story
- HAT trying to woo #Madagascar youth for upcoming elections. – Story
- COMESA #Madagascar action ‘not advisable’ says France – Story
- Anyone knows what’s going on with @topmada ? From 3 updates /day to nothing in 8 days: very odd #freespeech #Madagascar: RT
- When soldiers in #Madagascar are being forced to think ‘cuz they were trained to defend the people, not to shoot them – Story
- Tana announcements by loudspeaker: Ravalomanana return tomorrow?
- Justice against Marc Ravalomanana | International Mail – Story
- Will #madagascar ‘s political crisis end? – Story
- African news in the German press – Story
- More good news on #Madagascar : no visa needed until the end of 2009! :))
- Must end this injustice & reverse this unconstitutional & illegal regime #Madagascar said ousted prez Ravalomanana – Story
- #Madagascar ‘s major political parties would continue their negotiations in Addis Ababa – Story
- ‘Avoid demonstrations & Tana’ council of Switzerland for DFA # # trip to Madagascar – Story
- #Madagascar is OK to travel again. Tourists are going into the country, all travel bans have been waved :))
- Impossible to return to constitutional order in madagascar – Story
- Word on the street: Hapenning @ the #madagascar embassy in Paris this week: GTT vs HAT … Any further info?
- GTT elements evicted TGV’s nominee as #madagascar ambassador in France today
- @ LaurencoMarques: Chuis worried about jentilisa, blogger by # madagascar Would it have been arrested by Capsat? – Story
- #Madagascar ‘sentence without value which justice will return back with legality’ said Ravalomanana about his conviction – Story
- Andry Rajoelina is NOT the president of #Madagascar. http://bit.ly/LQ1x3 (expand) At best, he’s the president of the HAT. – Story
- Andry Rajoelina is NOT the president of #Madagascar. At best, he’s the president of the HAT. – Story
- Condamnation Ravalomanana reason: out $ 60 mln for a project worth $ 45 mln says Justice Min # – Story
- It seems that Ravalomanana was considered by the Correctional Court of Antananarivo
- Dialogue and National Reconciliation is the emergency says Madagascar Albert Zafy about condemnation of Ravalomanana – Story
- NGO Habitat #Madagascar works to improve the infrastructure that surrounds the houses it builds
- Following info is false. He is abroad, charged by a court that is hardly legitimate: RT @newsvibe Ex #Madagascar leader sent to jail
- UE MP Cornillet emphasizes the need for election soon in #Madagascar for a return to a Sate of Law & allow dvlpt
- #Madagascar court sentences Ravalomnn in absentia 2 4years in jail 4 alleged abuse – Story
- soon Marc Ravalomanana, ousted prez #Madagascar will launch new website – Story
- Jailed because Ravalomanana mixed public with his personal interests said Justice Minister
- jet deal: the same sentence as Ra8 for Haja Razafinjatovo former finance & budget minister – Story
- court sentences ex-leader Ravalomanana in absentia to 4 yrs jail, $70 mln fine – Story
- M5.0 04:36 6/03 37.9S 49.2E 1843 km S of Fianarantsoa #Madagascar SOUTHWEST INDIAN RIDGE Z=10km US 2009hkae 33f06
- EQ 5.1 Earthquake Fianarantsoa #Madagascar – PRELIMINARY REPORT– Story
- ALMA looted the company by the military. Clashes between soldiers and population – Story
- UN urged to help bring back #Madagascar ‘s ex-president – Story
- Peace Index ranking #Madagascar falls worst 30 places – Story
- Toto Alphonse, Driver air madagascar # on the case Tana-Paris-Dakar Info: he is the 1st party SGA Leader Fanilo 😉 – Story
- Land deals r a breeding ground 4 corruption. Many countries lack the legal systems to protect local rights – Story
- Under Marc Ravalomanana’s 5 yr plan, protected areas were tripled to cover 10% of the country’s surface – Story
- When all is said and done, TGV went out of his way to divert air #madagascar ‘s jet to celebrate his birthday in Paris … Good Lord!!!
- Dinner at The Eiffel Tower is at least 200 € / person. It’s good management of public funds.: Pauvres # of # Madagascar Malagasy
- The life of a putchist is nice isn’t it? – Story
- Alex Archila (CEO of #Madagascar Oil) on FoxNews revealed the existence of 15 Billion barrels of reserve in the island – Story
- Here’s a thought … anti kleptocracy initiative to stop thugs like Rajoelina in #madagascar … ‘global witness’ FTW – Story
- No wonder everyone is leaving negociations. #Madagascar HAT is retaining all major posts in the intl. agreement – Story
- Big decision today for the #Madagascar legalists? And more evidence the HAT still misinforms Re: wade (topmada) – Story
- The HAT have been abusing national and priv companies in #Madagascar. Tourists exp misgovernance and lack of respect – Story
- Wade tells #Madagascar ‘s Rajoelina to stick with the res of the int. community. Have we been misinformed again? – Story
- the $2 billion USD investmt from Saudi group promised by Rajoelina in #Madagascar looking mr & mr lk a pipe dream – Story
- Why is Marc Ravalomanana accusing France? – Story
- Senegal recognizes #Madagascar transitional authority, but why? – Story
- HAT finance min. says it wd be irresponsible of the US to risk jobs thru the suspension of AGOA – Story
- AFP Correction on survey in #Madagascar :27% rather 14% support democracy: explanation
- Rajoelina’s children live in France where he has citizenship? – Story
- Roindefo today @ Ivato: Ravalomanana deserves the capital punishment if he dares to return to #madagascar by force
- Garbage bins overflowing again in Tana #Madagascar – Story
- Another article from on the Ra8 announcement of returning to #Madagascar from Mada24.info – Story
- Military camps in the #Madagascar capital have been visibly alert. A sign that Ra8 could return by force? (Madaonline) – Story
- word is that Rajoelina will be in New York this Saturday #madagascar … confirmation?
- Countries now riskier says ONDD– Story
- still negotiate? again and again? – Story
- Oh boy. Ravalomanana announces the arrival of peace forces in #Madagascar & invite the army to “stand down” Andry Rajoelina hijacked a plane to go to Paris to Dakar (TopMada) – Story
- Andry Rajoelina prez HAT #Madagascar détourne vol AirMad TNR>Paris sur Dakar – Story
- The Malagasy President diverts plane from Paris to Dakar (West France)
- Outsourcing Agriculture references the Daewoo deal in #Madagascar and talks about reasons behind these land deals. – Story
- A few hundred soldiers search Ivato airport in #Madagascar for Ravalomanana – Story
- Japan to push for G-8 rules on intl farm investment to protect countries like #Madagascar – Story
- Jittery #Madagascar army combs airport for ex-president – Story
- Madagascar is missing in the last #Amnesty International Report 2009 http://thereport.amnesty.org #Humanrights 😦 – Story
- A few hundred soldiers search Ivato airport in #Madagascar for Ravalomanana – Story
- Japan to push for G-8 rules on intl farm investment to protect countries like #Madagascar – Story
- #Madagascar is missing in the last #Amnesty International Report 2009 – Story
- Remember the last months – Story
- Food crisis has just begun. More deals like the Daewoo deal in #Madagascar likely. – Story
- Ravalomanana and Ratsiraka going back to the negotiating table (Midi) – Story
- Andry Rajoelina prez HAT blocks the return of the former prez Marc Ravalomanana to #Madagascar – Story
- #France wants to recolonize, enslave #Malagasy people & provoke a tribal war said #Madagascar ousted prez Ravalomanana – Story
- sanitation in Madagascar – Story
- Power struggle undermines #Madagascar economy – Story
- Former #Madagascar President Accuses France of Instigating Coup – Story
- #Madagascar – Africa marks one more anniversary (sorry forgot the link on the last one) – Story
- A discussion tomorrow at the International Conf Center in Ivato in #Madagascar discussing the military and constitution.
- Trans. government posing the legal framework for Internet #censorship in #Madagascar – Story
- Youth body hits out at Swazi government at the cost of former #Madagascar prez’s stay in Swaziland – Story
- Ravalomanana calls SADC to intervene in #Madagascar – Story
- Former prez of #Madagascar Marc Ravalomanana accuses France on Fahazavanana radio. (AndryDago blog) – Story
- Study warns of impact of “land grab” deals in Africa by foreigners and private groups – Story
- Rich countries buy up agricultural land in poor countries (includes google maps) – Story
- One minister explained regarding Madagascar: Madagascar, this is not Iraq : Story
- UNICEF appeal for drought relief in Madagascar Morocco donated 500 tons of rice to the south of the island : Story
- Madagascar trading an empty chair policy for some, while others debate : Story
- Compulsory acquisition of land and compensation (FAO study document) Madagascar daewoo… : Story (PDF)
- Madagascar: french calculation: Rajoelina Andry, President of the High Authority of transit … : Story
- Disheartening but understandable: “Only 14 % of people in Madagascar want democracy” : Story
- Madagascar ex-presidents insist on election running : Story
- Madagascar rivals agree on interim unity govt?? : Story
- Former Madagascar leaders could run in 2010 elections : Story
- Food security and agriculture: SADC ministers meet : Story
- Just add water, better seeds and new knowledge : Story
- Sherritt says on verge of Ambatovy finance deal in Madagascar : Story
- Madagascar crisis talks derailed : Story
- Former Madagascar leader quits crisis talks:Story
- Graffiti lead to jail in Madagascar : Story
- A political party in Madagascar pulls out of talks to end crisis, hours after breakthrough: Story
- Topmada reports that Marc Ravalomanana and Didier Ratsiraka decided Saturday to suspend the negotiations : Story
- There’ll be election soon in #madagascar – Word is that French election “experts” wre already dispatched to Tana … Now, I’m skeptic again!
- Details of the tentative transition deal in #madagascar. Apparently, discussion about “General Amnesty” is still ongoing : Story
- Agreemnt on the “principles” for a neutral, peaceful and consensual” transition in #madagascar was reached : Story
- Nice-A breakthrough has been made in talks to resolve a political crisis in #Madagascar, a UN envoy tells the BBC. : Story
- Sherritt talks Ambatovy deal (London Free Press): Story
- Int’l contact group continues consultation to find a consensual solution in Madagascar : Story
- UN seeks the stability of Madagascar says Tiébilé Dramé in response to personal criticism of Marc Ravalomanana : Story
- New extinct species of #lemur discovered in Madagascar biodiversity was even richer in the past : Story
- Rajoelina has cancelled a three-day tour of northern and western Africa at the last moment : Story
- Google Maps – we now have detailed Google Maps for Madagascar : Story
- HAT’s announcement: tomorrow friday 22 will be a day off
- Kenya, Qatar land deal similar to Daewoo in Madagascar questioned : Story
- ICTSI Profit Drops. Manila, Brazil, Poland, Madagascar lead terminal operator’s revenue tumble : Story
- Africa: Coastal populations at risk as climate changes : Story
- Madagascar – SA ‘wants to export ubuntu’ : Story
- Madagascar leader seeks recognition in Africa : Story
- HAT says he gets support from Libyan leader : Story
- Ravalomanana Lobbies on YouTube : Story
- Madagascar: ‘President’ begs on YouTube : Story
- MineCore sapphire wants a piece of madagascar by 2010 : Story
- Clinton has authorized the end of MCC’s $110 million poverty reduction grant agreement with Madagascar : Story
- Marc Ravalomanana on YouTube to rally support against “illegal coup regime” : Story
- my grandfather told Madagascar ‘if rumors are started without you knowing why, beware’
- razily said in an intrview w/ madagascar magazine that he has been free since 04/02. Family/personal matters prevented him from coming out
- Madagascar Protester Freed, Journalists Demonstrate Against Censorship : Story
- Madagascar ‘president’ pleads via YouTube | Tweets add context to state of the island nation : Story
- Evariste Ramantsoavina, the journalist of Radio Mada is released today : Story
- madagascar here is the response of Obama/Clinton should we really trust the HAT?:Story
- Millennium Challenge Account, program ends with Madagascar : Story
- It’s always the french : Story
- Evariste Ramanantsoavina, the journalist of Radio Mada, is freed today after a stay of 2 weeks in jail
- Ravalomanana appraises the world on the current situation in madagascar Serious humn rights issues wr also mentioned : Story
- International volunteer / Grants Coordinator, Madagascar, World Wide Fund For Nature (WWF) : Story
- first shipment of ilmenite leaves madagascar for quebec in canada from Rio Tinto mine : Story
- Ousted prez Ravalomanana fights back with a sophisticated public relations campaign: Madagascar Presidency on Youtube : Story
- End U.S. economic aid to Madagascar: 10d after public criticism Roindefo Monja PM HAT U.S. ambassador : Story
- 7th children: siamese twins who have three feet, one sex, four hands and two heads.They planed to leave T/ve for Tana last night
- Washington ends its financial assistance : Story
- video of Pdt Ravalomamanana of #madagascar today : Story
- What nxt 4 Madagascar? “the life-blood of a natn hemorrhages as fw squabble 4 power” : Story
- Media Watchdog (RSF) Denounces Madagascar ‘s Press Censorship:Story
- Military to compel employees to Tiko : Story
- Madagascar ‘s fallen leader open to referendum on his status (AFP via Yahoo! News) : Story
- Because of a lack of business in Madagascar 70% of hotels are closed says Eric Koller, head of hotel federation : Story
- Next AU Summit will take place in Libya in place of Antananarivo Madagascar : Story
- Madagascar media protest “No to arrests of journalists,” “Threats against journalists: no! no! no!” : Story
- 4 members of security forces arrested on extortion of 2 millions ariary on a fellow army man (fr) [Midi] : Story
- The rule of the unelected: the chairman of the President of the HAT fokontany, neighborhood, madagascar : Story
- Henri Ranaivoarisoa Minister of Health HAT will represents Madagascar at WHO meeting in Geneva : Story
- 2 hours meeting between Rajoelina Andry prez HAT Madagascar & Muammar El Gaddafi sup guide Libya : Story
- The 5 ambassadors of Madagascar dismissed by HAT are maintained in position by the High Court : Story
- Ousted Madagascar leader counts on region : Story
- Thousands rally for ousted Ravalomanana in Madagascar : Story
- The production of rice-season against threatened abandonment : Story
- Razily is free and was in Ambohijatovo today where the legalists welcomed him as a hero
- In Tanandava, rationing of rice provided by WFP School-feeding Program illustrates how critical food aid is in Madagascar : Story
- Rajoelina heading to Libya for talks with Colonel Gaddafi, his first international trip since seizing power in Madagascar:Story
- Ravalomanana calls on regional nations to support restoration of democracy to Madagascar & help the return of law & order : Story
- Razily is free! Photos here : Story
- Update on Sheritt mining project and the threat on Andasibe Ntl park rain forest in Madagascar : Story
- The list grows: Ravonison Ambrose, President of Madagascar Earth Freedom, missing : Story
- Rajoelina’s bottom-feeding goes on: Aftr the saudi financiers, comes the “Parti Republicain Chretien Francais” : Story
- Malagasy journalists protest over media crackdown : Story
- Rajoelina to meet Gaddafi : Story
- Still no confirmation whether Razily wz really released & spoke @ the legalists meeting in Ambohijatovo today. I hope it’s true!
- lcl source reports that Razily was freed. He spoke at the legalist meeting in Ambohijatovo this morning. TO BE CONFIRMED +pix?
- Cool project: new blog on Youth Reproductive Health in Madagascar (Fianar, Mahajanga, Tana) : Story
- Freedom of expression in Madagascar freespeech freedom of speech : Story
- Ra8 says referendum shd be held in Madagascar to determine whether the ppl want him to leave or finish office : Story
- Rajoelina Will Step Down Only If Others Do : Story
- Food security now taken literally : Story
- Ousted Madagascar leader counts on region : Story
- UN proposes neutral, peaceful transition in Madagascar before the next national election in 14 months : Story
- Legalists didnt use Ambohijatovo Democracy Square today
- Legalists got authorization to have their meeting in Ambohijatovo Democracy Square today and tomorrow (src RDB)
- Journalists sit-in of today is to claim for the release of their friend from Radio Mada, Evariste Ramanantsoavina
- Journalists will do a sit-in in front of the ministry of telecommunication today starting from 10am
- [On Fijery blog]: The day Razily said: “enough” (fr). Demand his release here : Story
- Madagascar: Education Hampered by Lack of Clean Water: Many pupils fall sick regularly. : Story
- Video interview with Al Jazeera – Ravalomanana explains why he plans to return to Madagascar & why he had to flee : Story
- Ravalomanana: “I am still the president of Madagascar; there is only one democratically elected president and that is me” : Story
- UN proposes neutral, peaceful transition in Madagascar – Story
- madagascar copy of the proposal to end the crisis by the United Nations : Story
- A world record in Monaco for a school in Madagascar : Story
- Ravalomanana is confident that he will return home very soon either via negotiation or by force (Jazera/video) : Story
- Madagascar supplies 50% of all the #sapphires in the world market mostly manual : Story
- Journalists plan to do a sit-in tomorrow (src MaTV) – Sorry I missed the place where it should be held
- Updates On Environmental Issues in #Madagascar From Local Malagasy Bloggers. : Story
- Reading “MineCore Discusses Estimated Probable (Indicated) Reserves for Sapphire in #Madagascar” : Story
- RFI: exclusive interview of President ravalomanana today @ 8:30am/9:30am/15:30 Madagascar time, following his interview on BBC yesterday
- Ravalomanana interview on RFI online : Story
- Rajoelina says he will refrain from running at next Madagascar election provided no ex-president stands, inc Ravalomanana : Story
- Interview de Ravalomanana hier à la BBC : Story
- Repeat ballot vow, France urges Madagascar leader : Story
- Andry Rajoelina does not want to be president : Story
- Food crisis & the global land grab in Madagascar and Africa : Story
- Even frogs suffer from political instability in Madagascar (malaysia-today) : Story
- Rajoelina vows not to run for Madagascar president (google afp) : Story
- This shows that there’s a mess within the HAT gov in Madagascar.
- Paris awaits confirmation by Mr Rajoelina not to submit to the presidential elections.
- Senior aide to Rajoelina dismisses as nonsense reports that Rajoelina has vowed not to stand in next Madagascar elections.
- Confusion on a candidacy for Andry Rajoelina to Madagascar.
- Journalist Evariste Ramanantsoavina charged on 6 counts in Madagascar. Verdict on May 20.
More Malagasies struggling for survival.
- “Colonel” Rossy declared that he has close to 200 thousands troops from the slums of Madagascar.
- Bloggers in Madagascar play crucial role in spreading information as this profile of the Foko Madagascar initiative shows.
- Andry Rajoelina’s regime in power in Madagascar began compiling a report on their “first 50 days in government” on Monday.
- EU ambassador Boidin says there’s currently no rule of law in Madagascar and stresses importance of democratic government.
- Monja Roindefo, PM: it would be better for US envoy Niels Marquadt to leave Madagascar if he carries on with this conduct.
- HAT prime minister criticises international community & attacks US envoy who is critical of Rajoelina’s Madagascar regime.
- PrincePiandI: thinks that Monja needs to understand that Madagascar needs foregin support, and that kicking out the U.S. ambassador is a bad idea!
- (PM) wants US envoy out.
- Madagascar slams global community
- They moved the bodies of our kings Madagascar? Including Andrianjaka? WTF? Who did this? Anyone has info please?
- Roindefo threatened to expel the US Ambassador in Madagascar if he continues his interference against the insurgent govt
- Videos pharmacy raided the Bastille by Capsat! – –
- The terror of the mutineers of Capsat of Madagascar continues: they try to remove the weapons by the heads of district and villages.
- Father Pedro, to a Canadian journalist: Canada is “not important enough” to deserve his time“
- President Ravalomanana and his wife today at the inauguration of Jacob Zuma in Pretoria, South Africa.
- 3,000 people gather in Paris for the respect of human rights & justice in Madagascar. Razily on shirt.
- Most Malagasy including officials unaware Canada is major donor & investor in Madagascar; but why is Canada so invisible?
- Rajoelina rejects early election saying it would not solve Madagascar crisis: “I’ll follow example of Mandela not Mugabe”
- Themba Dlamini, Swazi PM till 2008, appointed as special envoy to Madagascar by SADC & will meet TROIKA leaders on Sunday.
- Reporters Without Borders alarmed Madagascar reporter held & charged with inciting revolt, defamation & spreading untruth.
- le Président Marc Ravalomanana invité à l’investiture du Président Zuma, ce samedi à Pretoria, Afrique du sud.
- IMF freezes aid to Madagascar
- Arrestation journaliste Radio Madagascar, RSF inquiet des incohérences & appel pour1 journalisme responsable.
- European Parliament condemns the coup and the suspension of the national assembly and the senate in Madagascar.
- Take a look at d “Alerte Censure” and “Prise d’Otage de mineur” today in madagascar … Is that for real?
- lcl src reports HAT is planning to filter all access to “select” websites in Madagascar ; Soon Mandaingate may be the only thing left :-(.
- A WFP School Feeding Program is encouraging school attendance, reducing hunger & improving diet of 60,000.
- Transitional Authority signs deal with Saudi investors in perceived bid to strengthen legitimacy of the regime.
- UN report on humanitarian situation in Madagascar analyses country’s economy, health issues & impact of natural disasters.
- On this day in 1929: Newspaper archive shows the Irish Times featured an article on Madagascar exactly 80 years ago today.
- What happened to the Air Force One Two? No updates since the HAT told, she should be sold ASAP? Still grounded at Ivato?
- Madagascar signed the $2b deal with Saudi Arabia today. Need more transparency. What’s behind,for whom and why NOW?
- FB TRT: Sofiane Ravelo group of parliamentarians ask armed forces to free other jailed MPs and let all MPs enter the parliament Madagascar.
- 2009: Ando Ratovonirina reported as 1st Media employees Killed “In Action” in Madagascar – –
- The second scramble for Africa starts.
- Africa’s Last Treasure. Un= pwr relations in land acquisition deals can put the of the poor at risk.
- Madagascar is a prime target of countries hungry for land.
- Sherrit International still hiring for 27 yr mining project in Toamasina Madagascar.
- European parliament motions for Madagascar resolution? (looks like draft).
- Humanitarian Crisis Becoming Critical in Madagascar, Says ADRA.
- Ousted Madagascar leader denies asylum reports.
- Editorial de Madagascar tribune.com du 06/05/09: « Gasy blaogy » génération.
- Wealthy foreigners taking over huge tracts of African land
- Madagascar pour eviter tout assasinat politique – http://twitter.com/LaurencoMarques/statuses/1710302642
- Times of Mada on the so-called Saudi investrs in Madagascar , raises the specter of money laundering & link to Terrorism – http://twitter.com/streetrover/statuses/1708133400
- Times of Madagascar: Evariste Ramanantsoavina, journalist @ RadioMada, arrested by the insurgent govt in Madagascar – http://twitter.com/streetrover/statuses/1707284572 –
- Lu sur mydago.com : Nouvelles d Antananarivo – ce 05 mai – http://twitter.com/pinguin_mada/statuses/1706656998
- Times of Madagascar: Evariste Ramanantsoavina, journalist at RadioMada, arrested by the insurgent government in Madagascar today – http://twitter.com/streetrover/statuses/1707284572 –
- Evariste Anselme Ramanantsoavina, reporter for madatimes, arrested this morning in Madagascar – http://twitter.com/lrakoto/statuses/1705803425
- ARABO? But then again who else has money to spare? Saudi invest in Madagascar – http://twitter.com/malagasy/statuses/1699336502
- About 200 New Species Of Amphibians In Madagascar Discovered – http://twitter.com/JChameleon/statuses/1705023333
- Ban urges Madagascar parties to talk out differences as crisis continues – http://twitter.com/weltenbuerger1/statuses/1699800449 –
- No News
- Where in the world is Razily?
- Revelation Rajoelina clan: France is a sponsor of the crimes in Madagascar.
- AU inaugurates new 18man team comprising SADC, EU & UN Security Council officials to return Madagascar to democratic government.
- “African govts can no longer count on a monopoly on info“.
- Thembinkosi Dlamini is cautious of talk of unity government for Madagascar, saying such partnership is joint dictatorship.
- Communiqué released of talks on Madagascar situation between AU PSC, COMESA, EU, IOC, OIF & SADC in Addis Ababa last week.
- On World Press Freedom Day: Support Razily and free speech in Madagascar.
- List of crimes against humanity (murders, kidnappings, tortures & disappearances) in Madagascar.
- AU stands firm against new Madagascar regime, but HAT prime minister Monja Roindefo believes they have done nothing wrong.
- SADC announces that the body is pressing for the reinstatement of ousted president Marc Ravalomanana as Madagascar leader.
- I guess it was 2 good 2 be true: Madagascar’s government refused to guarantee elections by 09.
- Monja Roindefo believes that the rest of the world is wrong in condemning the coup in Madagascar.
- Video of Manandafy press conference (yesterday) stating head concussion and needing a cat scan.
- Nouvelle adresse du salon Madagascar sur FriendFeed.
- Madagascar update: Video : Manandafy Rakotonirina (30 avril).
- Madagascar listed as example where press freedom is lost.
- Pfff. I’m sure a state of emergency will conveniently present itself in time to delay any allegedly planned elections.
- Madagascar set for elections by end of year.
- Arrest of ‘Madagascar PM’ Manandafy Rakotonirina on Demotix.
- Madagascar meeting continues. Met reps of both sides in corridor but not inside. Debate over whether should call for Rava to return to Mada.
- “Journalists publishing information about the situation are threatened by the military “.
- Censorship of local print news more severe but sudden increase of twitterers from Madagascar.
- International group open talks on Madagascar crisis.
- South Africa Warns Ousted Leader.
- PM Tantely Andrianarivo (+famille) arrêté 27.05.2002 > PM Manandafy Rakotonirina arrêté 29.04.2009 rien de nouveau à Madagascar.
- Who are the fragile furniture of Madagascar?
- Madagascar aide to ousted president taken away.
- Fears for seized Madagascar ‘PM’.
- Layshiyuut I send my most sincere condolences to his family, to all of you and all the Foko Team… Madagascar.
- It’s cries cries cries here. But we have to accept it because the’s a life.
- Layshiyuut what happened, Toamasina Madagascar ?
- A political crisis without end…Senior members of the army switching sides again.
- Zuma’s Madagascan hot potato.
- Food scare sparks third world land rush.
- Manandafy Rakotonirina is too old (70 years old) to bear torture. What will happen if he dies there in Ambohibao at the CNME?
- Apparently radio fahazavana silenced (again) since 11:30pm local time in Madagascar … Can someone confirm?
- South African government advises that Ravalomanana should not go back to Madagascar for now for fear of more bloodshed.
- Photos of arrest of PM M. Rakotonirina (newly appt by Ravalomanana) by head of CAPSAT.
- Security forces storm Carlton Hotel to arrest Manandafy Rakotonirina (named by Ravalomanana as Madagascar prime minister).
- Resident international community in Madagascar condemns resurgence of violence, intimidation & disregard for human rights.
- Manandafy, during his arrest in Carlton Hotel, has been beaten by militaries & Charles Andrianantsoavina.
- Arrest of Manandafy: He was caught at Carlton and is brought to Ambohibao (src MaTV).
- Arrest of Manandafy full of violence and swear words. One of the militaries repeated 10 times “You’re mine starting from today”.
- Manandafy Rakotonirina, Praiminister of the gov of Ravalomanana has been arrested this evening 7.30p.m.(src MaTV).
- SADC delegation ends visit to Madagascar.
- No more military force present at Ambohijatovo sqaure. Checked at 08:00 local time.
- Yesterday’s army raid on Madagascar Constitutional Court led to arrest of security chief & 3 others for “inciting unrest”.
- “Madagascar closer to becoming a ‘failed state'” says Dickinson, assistant editor for Foreign Policy.
- Johnny Haliday ‘s concert in Madagascar is still on! … ‘guess it helps to have a DJ at the helm ;-}.
- SADC continue their efforts to help resolve Madagascar crisis: six-man delegation visit ended today after 5 days of talks.
- Terrorism in Madagascar? A young man was very seriously injured on Monday after a package he had been given exploded.
- Aid agencies warn Madagascar “on the slippery slope to hunger” with droughts becoming much more frequent than in the past.
- Outlook for the future of science & research in Madagascar is uncertain, with funding & government policy now in question.
- Military raid of Madagascar High Court amounts to a witch hunt to round up those loyal to Ravalomanana say some observers .
- Madagascar loyalist camp forms rival government.
- Video of Frontline Event: “Madagascar: Roots of the Turmoil “ with Stephen Ellis now available online .
- Manandafy announced the members of his new government on Radio Fahazavana and states typical symptoms of civil war are emerging. Audio (in Malagasy).
- Ravalomanana’s PM, Manandafy, will announce his government members tonight in Madagascar (src Radio Antsiva).
- Home of TGV’s interior minister attacked on Monday. Petrol bombs were used during the incident.
- Fear of inflation grows in Madagascar as the ariary currency is losing value (-10 pts WRT to USD).
- Detailed account of a failed kidnapping of a 9 year old boy in Andavamamba Madagascar.
- Rode in an American diplomatic car today, and people threw rocks at it. Please do not blame the foreigners for the situation in Madagascar!
- Dictator style court attack amid growing unemployment.
- 3 trucks full of soldiers wearing only kalachnikov are around Ambohijatovo, Madagascar square. They don’t wear any grenade launcher.
- 8 o’clock news of MATV discusses today’s arrests at Madagascar constitutional court (audio in Malagasy).
- I thought that the plane was given to the state – therefore it’d b misleading for Ellis to say that Ra8 used public money for it .
- A scapegoat for backing up the coup in Madagascar but it was also a political and communication error from Ravalomanana.
- High Constitutional Court makes U-turn declaring process that installed Rajoelina is unconstitutional.
- Also liking Ellis’ point that slavery in Madagascar current social landscape is important .
- Ellis: it was military coup, not a popular uprising that brought Rajoelina to power .
- UNICEF Doubling efforts to address malnutrition among children in Madagascar.
- Supreme Crt surrounded, flurry of arrests & fighting in Antsirb: @frontlineblog chat’ll have plenty to ponder.
- Rakotomavo M. Fidihasina witnesses : 45 Million USD for the head of Ravalomanana .
- Vonjy get imprisoned because he said “no, do not kill malagasy” to military.
- Early reversal of the HCC decision in Madagascar?
- Soldiers storm Madagascar constitutional court & arrested head of security in move perceived as intimidation of judiciary.
- Fresh clashes have broken out in Antananarivo, Madagascar; a military vehicle was blown up by Molotov cocktails on Sunday.
- Norway’s government to send delegation to Madagascar for talks with politicians, NGOs, donor countries & UN organisations.
- VERY confused on who the legal leader of Madagascar is, if there is any.
- The HCC is surrounded by militaries.
- What’s that? The CAPSAT commandos and general Alain Ramaroson shoot a member of the HCC?
- A group of people attack the Viva station Ambodivona.
- Last night, legalists blast a tank parked in a military camp. Well done!
- Travel websites seem to indicate that it is OK to travel to Madagascar, everyone else is not so sure.
- A friend just sms me telling that the truck of militaries is already in Ambohijatovo.
- Google trends also shows that news about Madagascar is right now at an all-time low since crisis started.
- Two websites … two presidents? http://madagascar-presidency.info becomes the site for the Madagascar presidency office of Ravalomanana.
- TGV attempt at removing Madagascar ambassador in South Africa gets his envoy in trouble with local law enforcement via TopMada.
- Ravalomanana leaves E340 000 bill at Royal Villas.
- Film about deforestation in Madagascar.
- Devastating pictures of of deforestation in Madagascar.
- Senator arrested on Thursday by militaries in Madagascar is critically ill.
- Police Officers Clash with Ousted President’s Supporters.
- Deja vu in Madagascar? Rajoelina called copy-cat for committing the same crimes he vehemently criticized Ravalomanana for.
- SADC continues to evaluate the Madagascar situation, sending two delegations there just this week to help find a solution.
- Mauritius, a significant exporter of food/oil products to madagascar feels the effect of months long political crisis.
- Political crisis and cyclones in Madagascar risk of malnutrition and disease for 250,000 children.
- Pierrot Rajaonarivelo arrives in Ivato Airport.
- Grounding risk for national airline company Air Madagascar.
- Gunshots probably from Anosy or Mahamasina. Here we go again…
- Amateur video of the military oppression.
- Footage from MA TV of earlier event described by @arinaina (shooting from armed forces & recovered bullets).
- Political events upstage humanitarian crisis.
- Provisional result Madagascar 2 deaths & around 10 injured (HJRA) src topmada .com.
- Heard as well that apparent civilian passengers in white 4×4 car are roving in Tana Madagascar and are shooting without aiming.
- People, faces full of teardrops and pain, told that the militaries open the fire though there were no crowd nor riots (src MaTV) .
- Witness talks about a 4×4 with militaries who shot in bursts in Ambohijatovo and killed a grocer in her shop (src MaTV) .
- Two more deaths in Antananarivo Madagascar on 2nd day of clashes between security forces & supporters of ousted president.
- Womankilled in Madagascar protest.
- 4×4 with armed military are running after pro-Ra8 protesters firing tear gas. Panic again downtown.
- Transitional government is trampling on freedom of speech.
- Sorry, no news from the strike at Telma.
- 4×4 with armed militaries running after pro Ravalomanana protesters firing tear gas. Panic again downtown.
- 7.40 Like yesterday, a truck full of armed militaries is already waiting in Ambohijatovo.
- According to Mada Tribune, Andry Rajoelina can not leave the country now, who decides these things?
- An article in l’express mada about Maily TGVs supposed abduction at Ivato airport. The two camps accuse each other.
- Julien Reboza escapes, his bodyguard beaten.
- Apparently protesters waited for Mialy at Charles de Gaulle this evening & threw flour on her pics here and here.
- Getting a report of major fire in Ankorondrano??? Savonnerie Tropicale??? Confirmation???
- HAT rumour that Ra8’s former guard tried 2 assassinate TGV’s wife at Ivato airport as she boarded a flight to France.
- Video of an aggressive military intervention on 23 April.
- Madagascar security minister claims an attempted assassination of Rajoelina’s wife by ex national guard has been thwarted.
- Army forces dispel protests and “arrest” 1 senator and 3 deputies in Madagascar.
- Media under attack one month after new president installed.
- TELMA (Telecom Malagasy): officers of the corporation have been detained for hours by qq strikers.
- Rioting as Madagascar armed forces dispel protests.
- The British Foreign & Commonwealth Office (FCO) has cancelled its advice warning UK citizens against travel to Madagascar .
- I hear gunshots, probably from Anosy or Mahamasina .
- Photo of a soldier aiming at a young boy, I hope he didn’t shoot.
- Madagascar is facing an evolving humanitarian crisis of proportions unprecedented in its history, says CARE International.
- Just saw militaries shooting without aiming at the neighborhood of Ambohidahy Madagascar; still smeling the gun powders or smoke…
- 02.10pm l still hear gunshots, I believe, from Andohan’Analakely.
- Coup leaders unwelcome to South Africa inauguration Madagascar.
- 12.50 Shootings in Ambohijatovo are still going on. Eyewhitnesses told that 5 people died and 2 injured, they are brought to HJRA .
- There are lots of seriously injured people in HJRA hospital now. (src Radio Mada) .
- Intense shooting in Mahamasina now .
- One man has been shot in his head by security forces. He is in HJRA hospital now (src Radio Mada).
- Andry Rajoelina will not attend the UN meeting in Brussels. Invited by Ban Ki-moon .
- 11.30am Shootings into the air and tear gas in Ambohijatovo.
- 11.20amThere are people who are running in Antaninarenina and traffic. Gunshots in Ambohijatovo.
- Ban Ki-moon inviting Andry Rajoelina as president of Madagascar in UN’s Bruxelles conference fake?
- Early this morning,security forces have surrounded Ambohijatovo democracy square.Legalist supporters are also there.
- 7.30am A truck full of militaries and a car renault 4 of the police are in Ambohijatovo. No “legalist” protesters yet.
- Ravalomanana holds discussions with leaders of Botswana & S Africa, and dismisses power-sharing with Rajoelina.
- French Foreign Affairs spokesman says only a political solution can resolve Madagascar crisis without major loss of lives.
- SADC Brigade says it is ready to carry out an emergency military operation in Madagascar if and when called upon to do so .
- More than a thousand Ravalomanana supporters defy new ban on public protests by holding rally in Antananarivo.
- Prime Minister of Madagascar regime reacts to calls for 2009 elections saying time is needed to draw up an electoral code.
- pro-Ravalomanana proceed with protestsdespite ban by transitionl government.
- SADC diplomatic mission arrives in Madagascar.
- Richard Albert of Canadian Council for Democracy says Canadian govt must not be so soft on Rajoelina in Madagascar crisis.
- Ravalomanana addresses crowd via telephone link-up at gathering to mourn deaths of protesters in Antananarivo, Madagascar
- The authorities in Madagascar have banned public demonstrations claiming public safety as the reason, after 2 died Monday.
- Rajoelina’s Foreign Minister refutes reports that SADC plans to send troops to return Ravalomanana to power in Madagascar.
- Dep Com of the SADC Military Mission said they’re ready to intervene in Madagascar if political measures are exhausted.
- Current SADC’s Military exercises in Mozambique ‘in order to prepare Africa’s Peacekeeping Brigade’ Madagascar?
- R. Razafindraibe is the 2nd RTA reporter killed in Madagascar .
- According to this pic armed civilians were used to repress yesterday’s protest in Madagascar. This disproves Roindefo.
- Madagascar government bans public protests .
- Ravalomanana met with the international press in Johanesburg this morning to discuss his return to Madagascar.
- 3 people have died so far during today’s clash in madagascar (src tv plus).
- 1 protester dead, 12 wounded including 5 in grave state after today’s clash: cause of death TBD.
- Tamatavy people are full of joy after celebreting Easter day, they met their man of hope last week “Andry Rajoelina” .
- Report of one death (man shot on the head) in front of INSTAT anosy madagascar (Src lcl: radio fahazavana?) Military using live ammunition.
- Background for violence in Madagascar: armd forces clash with protesters after seizing of 3 radio stations .
I see soaring smoke around the tribunal but cant tell whats on fire .
- Huge explosions & gunshots around Senate (Anosy) for 10 minutes now. No info about casualties .
- According to @pakysse (on the ground), militaries opened fire without warning .
- Around Anosy & Mahamasina Madagascar: gunfire still heard, tear gas.
- Huge explosions & gunshot around Carlton Hotel now, probably against pro-Ravalomanana.
- Andry Rajoelina passed here in Tamatave this last week-end, Thousands and thousands of people were following him.
- Unemployed locals in Madagascar find themselves with no choice but to turn to bush meat & tree-logging in protected areas.
- Radio and TV Mada, Radio Fahazavana have been destroyed by the CAPSAT militaries. No news bout the journalists who were there.
- Free visas: Madagascar is waiving the visa fee for tourists until the end of this year in effort to boost tourism numbers.
- The Rev Lala Rasendrahasina family’s return to Madagascar depends on how the political situation progresses.
- Dolin & Andriamanjato in LaReunion to request an emergency ‘peace’ mission in Madagascar?
- General Dolin arrives in La Reunion this evening. Protesters Ivato airport. Some wonder if it’s an early escape from Madagascar.
- Rajoelina’s party says it’s issued an arrest warrant for Ravalomanana, accusing him of government funds misuse.
- Ravalomanana appoints former technical adviser Rakotonirina Manandafy, 71, as prime minister of Madagascar to form a consensus government.
- SADC ministers currently on fact-finding mission in Madagascar & met with the leading opponents of Rajoelina on Wednesday.
- If the pro Ravalomanana protesters do not respect the new rules of Ambohijatovo, the HAT will have to take measures.
- Ambohijatovo Democracry square can be used by protesters only 3 days a week, if the Mayor of Tana gives authorization.
- Cyclone Jade update: 15 dead, 60,800 affected.
- RAM and HMD parties in Tamatave are on the field now for the general armisty. But they mention that they are with transition.
- Ravalomanana explains why he chose Swaziland when forced to flee Madagascar, praising King Mswati is a good host & friend.
- Talks between representatives of Ravalomanana, Rajoelina, Ratsiraka and Zafy set to resume, this time in Paris.
- 12.15pm A thousand women pro Ravalomanana passed by Antaninarina, they were all in white and sang gospel songs.
- Cyclone Jade update: 10 dead, 37,100 homeless.
- Ravalomanana expected in swaziland ahead of the departure of SADC delegation for Madagascar.
- Ravalomanana says willing to share power with the Rajoelina.
- Pathetic editorial on Madagascar new government website.
- Madagascar education system in danger of collapse as funds run short & French language reform alienates pupils & teachers.
- Jade update: 10 dead, 4090 homeless and 37126 people affected.
- Announcement at Ambohijatovo that Ravalomanana would be present at the rally on Saturday (src Sobika).
- Alleged document signed by French Ministry of Def. abt planned “Raid on Tana” in 2003 to topple government in Madagascar.
- France24 wrote on Razily, still missing, after his defiance of the coup in Madagascar.
- 16 days since Razily disappeared in Madagascar.
- Rajoelina said Sunday Madagascar will see economic growth within 6 months & blamed previous government for funds shortage.
- Communique from Tiko on the recent looting, arson of stores and intimidation of employees.
- Credibility of the UN is questioned in light of its envoy’s (Tiebele Drame) behavior during crisis talk in madagascar.
- Relieved that waelabbas is safe and sound. Now can’t help but wonder whether Razily is still alive Madagascar
- Yet again, France insists its assistance to Madagascar does not amount to support for self-proclaimed president Rajoelina.
- Delegation of Madagascar president Marc Ravalomanana walked out of talks to resolve the political crisis on the island.
- French ministers & officials becoming increasingly selective of elements of the press they will speak to about Madagascar.
- Rajoelina’s Minister of Land Reform says Daewoo Madagascar project was good in principle and similar projects are welcome.
- Madagascar May Welcome Farm Ventures After Daewoo Cancellation.
- Negotiations resumed Thursday between representatives of Ravalomanana, Rajoelina, Ratsiraka & Zafy.
- Cyclone Jade Forms Quickly and Makes Landfall in Madagascar.
- Preliminary meeting between representatives of Ravalomanana, Rajoelina, Zafy & Ratsiraka to find an exit to crisis.
- African Union appeals to member states on Tuesday to “refrain from any action likely to endorse illegality in Madagascar”.
- UN Menkerios points out that Daewoo Deal was dead well before new government took credit for ending it.
- Ravalomanana heading to Libya to meet with Qadafi.
- SADC meeting in Botswana tomorrow. Chief of Staff of the Angolan Armed Forces is among attendees.
- Razafimahaleo invokes dire financial situation in Madagascar & calls “friendly nations” 2 assist TGV’s insurrectional government.
- UN “cannot protect“, “nor call a coup a coup”, in Madagascar, news of Daewoo’s deal.
- Ravalomanana is considering appointing a prime minister and setting up a government in exile.
- Central Bank employees strike to protect the body’s independent status from violation by Rajoelina’s authority.
- Marc Ravalomanana arrived in Ethiopia on Monday for African Union talks until Wednesday.
- UN Security Council calls for “quick & inclusive elections” in Madagascar to restore faith in a constitutional government.
- Humanitarian appeal launched despite political uncertainty.
- Cyclone Jade: 3 deaths reported in neighbourhood north of Antananarivo & 800 homeless according to Madagascar authorities.
- Jade skirts Toamasina, moves offshore, restrengthens to cyclone again; predicted to follow Madagascar coast.
- Ousted Madagascar president Ravalomanana is determined to return home to organize new government but has not stated when.
- Coutiti, notorious criminal, is released from prison & accompany TGV in his trips around Madagascar.
- There is currently little information on the extent or severity of damage caused by Category 1 Cyclone Jade in Madagascar.
- Agencies scramble to assess cyclone damage.
- People rushing to gas station now in Tana Madagascar in prevision of cyclone Jade’s arrival.
- Sofiane Ravelo: leaders of “legalist” group in Madagascar announced that Ravalomanana will name his government soon.
- In this cyclone season Madagascar has been hit or threatened by Tropical Storms Asma, Cinda & Eric and Cyclones Fanele, Gael, Izilda & Jade.
- Tropical Cyclone Jade has hit the east coast of Madagascar near Masoala and is expected to move southwards in coming days.
- Deposed president Ravalomanana of Madagascar departed from Swaziland from an undisclosed land border crossing on Saturday.
- France will represent the European Union in madagascar while chairing the Indian Ocean commission Possible international support 4 TGV in the horizon?
- The Indian Ocean Commission announced today it is to dispatch a high-ranking team on a fact-finding mission to Madagascar.
- Cyclone Jade threatens the island of Madagascar : 12 days after Izilda.
- Report from ecoworldly on the environmental impact of recent coup-related political upheaval in Madagascar.
- Zambian president implores Germany & European countries to follow African lead & reject Rajoelina’s Madagascar government.
- Big March of 15,000 people march in Antsirabe.
- Politician Rakotonirina states that army in Madagascar is no longer trustworthy because it received payment.
- Rajoelina calls on international community for recognition following this week’s national conference on Madagascar.
- L’express Madagascar: about 60 children missing since crisis started in January (statisitics from Police Dept)
- Washington Times believes Madagascar nears the brink of civil war.
- Conference resolution says that it is aiming to hold presidential elections Madagascar 18 months from now in October 2010.
- Ravalomanana’s shadow hangs thick over HAT’s decisions as supporters continue to reject Rajoelina’s legitimacy.
- Details of Rajoelina’s plan for Madagascar elections are expected to be announced today, day 2 of his national conference.
- Midi Madagascar reports 3 wounded by explosives on place du 13 mai and policemen angered at each other.
- A few thousands of newly unemployed in Madagascar according to Alain Rajaonarivony.
- Midi Madagascar reports small explosive attack at the Ambohitsorohitra presidential palace on Wednesday night.
- Security forces harass bloggers and twitterers.
- Canada, major investor in Madagascar, remains tight-lipped on current political crisis only appealing for calm & dialogue.
- AREMA party is continuing their gathering now here in Tamatave.
- Zafy Albert formally announced his opposition to TGV. He wants to implement six “provinces autonomes” in Madagascar.
- Following SADC’s threat to remove him from power by military force Rajoelina “now has a lot of thinking to do”.
- Reports of increased aggression on individuals and theft in downtown Antananarivo.
- The IOC will meet this weekend in moroni to discuss the coup.
- Troops with search warrant that searched Rio Tinto demanded a list of foreign workers.
- After SADC the Indian Ocean Commission (IOC) will discuss the crisis.
- Army that searched Rio Tinto were said to be searching for arms and mercenaries.
- Army chief dismisses Ravalomanana’s claim that he was forced to hand over power.
- Spokesperson for Rio Tinto reports that their offices in Port Dauphin were searched by the army today.
- Andry Rajoelina freezes foreign mining contracts. Rio Tinto states that there has been no communication from the new government.
- Andry Rajoelina’s government sells Force one to La Reunion.
- Reports from many people were robbed and beaten on the streets around Anakely and Ambohijatovo.
- UN calls for a smooth transition.
- Ravalomanana makes bid to return to power.
- Madagascar’s natural resources being plundered while political instability persists.
- It is revealed that Ravalomanana was forced to step down and intends to resume his presidency.
- 4 people wounded from clashes between pro-TGV/legalist.
- EU states that there will be no suspension of aid to Madagascar.
- Andry Rajoelina unveils his new transitional administration naming 41 of 44 ministers.
- Reports of stoning between legalists and TGV supporters.
- Diabe today by AREMA to protest for the release of political prisoners and exiles.
- TGV states that foreign countries must accept the supreme court’s decision that legalized his presidency.
- SADC suspends Madagascar and urges Rajoelina to step down.
- SADC suspends Madagascar until constitutional order is returned.
- HAT announces that mining contracts are to be reviewed in hopes of increasing revenue.
- Nirhy Lanto, another deputy at the mayorship, said he didn’t get an application from TIM to organize a meeting tomorrow.
- High risk of confrontation between legalists and ex-prisoners tomorrow.
- Political prisoners freed by the HAT will have their own rally at Ambohijatovo tomorrow.
- HAT minister of security states that rubber bullets were fired on Saturday.
- Conservation groups issue an SOS for a sudden surge in illegal raids on parks and reserves for timber and wildlife.
- Gas prices in Madagascar are $4.01/gal, 91 octane $4.59/gal and diesel $3.42/gal.
- The store Avylavitra was burned down on Saturday.
- Confirmed that other twitterers/bloggers were order to delete photos taken in Antaninarina
- A “Diabe” will be lead by the AREMA party tomorrow in Tamatave.
- Blogger Thierry Ratsizehena was released having to delete all the photos and asked not to take photos of them an place them on the internet.
- Blogger Thierry Ratsizehena is being held by police in Madagascar for taking photos.
- Fresh protests for Ravalomanana have brought approx 15,000 people.
- SADC will likely suspend Madagascar.
- SADC confirms that Rajoelina was not invited to the summit as he is not recognized as president.
- SADC states that the takeover “violates basic principles, protocols & treaties”.
- SADC summit commences.
- Alain Joyandet states on TV5 that for France, Ravalomanana is still the president.
- The world turned upside down.
- According to Andry Rajoelina oil will be sold for 2,500 Ariary/litre on Monday.
- Many injured from protests yesterday (03/28).
- Today marks the 62nd anniversary of the revolution against the French.
- Tianamen moment when a lone student walks toward the army with the malagasy flag and is manhandled.
- 30 people injured, some from gunshot wounds at rally.
- It has been reported that the clash in Ambohijato, the military were using live bullets.
- More than two people died today during the really, rifle shots still heard.
- Protesters tear-gassed for a third day.
- 15,000 people gather in Antananarivo for Ravalomanana.
- Swaziland king reportedly sent team to locate and evacuate Ravalomanana’s sone & daughter-in-law.
- Andry Rajoelina promises to lower prices, oil by 60% and bread by 30%. Rice is to be lowered also.
- Grenades and gunfire heard in Anakely.
- AU announces that because of the situation, the summit will not be held there in July.
- TGV fires ambassadors in South Africa, Belgium, France, AU and Germany.
- UN re-iterates the only solution is to have dialog.
- Wikepedia lists Andry Rajoelina under “coup d’etat’ definition (see 2009). Page here.
- All God World Missions missionaries told to evacuate Madagascar. Article here.
- AU summit officially cancelled. Report here.
- Intense stoning between pro-TGV and Pro-Ravalomanana. Security forces had to intervene with tear gas.
- Article on the roots of Madagascar’s turmoil. Article here.
- An Admiral at the center of the storm. Brief comments here.
- Ravalomanana vows to return. Article here.
- The Gendarmes & police disperse the crowd.
- Rumours that the pro-TGV supporters clashing with pro-Ravalomanana supporters are mostly kids.
- Ravalomanana via recorded audio calls on protestors in Ambohijatovo to “protect democracy”.
- Mauritius and Libya could be a candidate for the AU summit instead of Madagascar. Article here.
- Protests continue. Article here.
- CAPSAT mutineers are suddenly doing well financially. Witness report here.
- France claims not to have favoured Rajoelina.
- Loyalist plan a tax boycott. Small report here.
- Ravalomanana is fine talking with king about crisis. Report here.
- Ravalomanana to make a radio address in the coming days. Report here.
- National consultation to organize elections for early april. Article here.
- UN envoy states that the crisis could get worse unless elections are held. Article here.
- Ravalomananana in Swaziland for regional leaders meeting on March 30th. Article here.
- Number of protestors at Pro-Ravalomanana rally number 7,000 – 10,000. Picture here.
- More clashes between pro-TGV and pro-Ravalomanana.
- Ravalomanana spotted in Swaziland. Article here.
- US suspends remaining money from the Millenium Challenge Corporation 110M US. Official post here.
- US suspends non-humanitarian aid for the abandonment of state law and democratic principles.
- Reports of rebel soldiers looting TIKO plant in Andranomanelatra
- Ravalomanana employees face an uncertain future. Article here.
- Rumours of teargas and assaults by Pro-TGV on Pro-Ravalomanana supporters in Ambohijatovo.
- New minister of education announces that french is the official language of education rather than malagasy.
- Funny cartoon.
- Nigeria latest to reject new government. Article here.
- More information on US State department tweeting down rumours. Article here.
- No SADC soldiers for Madagascar. Article here.
- The artists at the inauguration. Article here.
- TIM site calls for general strikes to protest the coup d’etat. Site here.
- People are noticing that french journalists are not calling the take over a coup.
- French diplomacy site does not state Andry Rajoelinas government a coup. Official site post here.
- Al Jazeera Madagascar crisis timeline. Timeline here.
- Small article on Ravalomanana’s relationship with French ambassador. Article here.
- The US officially condemns the coup d’etat. Declaration here.
- Ivory coast opposition leader arrested after trying to follow malagasy example. Article here.
- Secretary general of La Francophonie declares take over unlawful. Article here.
- US State department tweets down rumours of Ravalomanana staying at it’s embassy. Article here.
- People begin to steal national treasure rose wood for profit.
- Tiko in Toliara reportedly set on fire.
- US Ambassador threatened by army. Report here.
- Approx 3000 people attend Ambohijatovo. Pic here.
- Malagasy people in Ambohijatovo want their FATHER Marc Ravalomanana back.
- Base Aéronavale d’Ivato denounces CAPSAT and TGV and gives an ultimatum of one week before action. Posted on official TIM site, link here.
- Pro-TIM rally tomorrow at May 13th Square during inaugeration.
- After Daewoo, another deal with Varun? Article here.
- Andry Rajoelina’s official visit to Tamatave this week-end is postponed.
- Wierd Rumour ->> The AU chairman called TGV to confirm summit held after Madagascar was banned from the union.
- Pastor Rasendrahasina confirms his torture by insurrectional govt of Rajoelina.
- Ravalomanana’s house in Faravohitra has been looted. Military trucks have been seen near the house.
- Ravalomanana demands that the AU, EU, International Community and SADC intervene as according to the Malagasy constitution section 6: “Sovereignty belongs to the people, the source of all power and is exercised by representatives elected, directly or indirectly or by means of referendum. No part of the people, nor any individual may assume the exercise of sovereignty “.
- Question: Where is the president? He was first supposedly under US protection, then confirmed not to be. Where exactly is he? Has he been captured?
- Believable Rumour: That the transfer of power was coerced. Contains a link to article by Lexpress, link here.
- Kidnapped Ramaroson Hyppolite officially transfer power to Andry Rajoelina.
- HCC is forced to endorse the coup as constitutional and France will recognize it
- Andry Rajoelina’s wikipedia page is updated to state he is president.
- Attack on the Iavaloha palace is over, the looting begins.
- Note: US State Department blog is twittering
- HCC members are in the residence of Andry Rajoelina
- In Antanimena, Vice Admiral Hyppolite says that there are still Executive Military
- Attack is confirmed, big black smoke coming from palace, lots of gunshots.
- There is an attack occurring at Iavaloha. Grenades and gunshots heard, black smoke seen.
- According to Radio Viva Pastor Rasendrahasina was beaten up by civiilians on site.
- All eyes on HCC who should answer to TGV’s request and/or validate ra8’s triggering of military directorate
- Rumour: Military to organize elections in 24 hours?
- Andry Rajoelina refuses military hand over
- 5 generals, Ramaroson Hypolite and Lala Rasendrahasina (FJKM) arrested at Antanimena
- 4 generals arrested with pastor lala rasendrahasina.
- Malagasy on facebook are going crazy.
- Supporters still outside of palace in Iavaloha, they don’t know if the president is inside.
- Radio Antsiva reports that the military does not accept the agreement and there was confrontation. Rajoelina had to move out of the palace fast. According to screams heard on Antsiav, the 2 parties seem ready to draw arms.
- Cyril Vanier of France 24 reports that the presidential guard in Iavaloha told him the president left an hour ago (9amEST).
- People start to celebrate on avenue de l’independance
- BBC article states that the president was forced out.
- Conflicting reports. Yes he has resigned, and No he hasn’t resigned
- Rumour: Presidents office have told the BBC (Jonha Fisher) that he is resigning, BBC link here.
- BBC reports the resignation of Ravalomanana BBC Article here.
- France24 reporter Cyril Vanier states the opposition has announced that Andry Rajoelina is president starting now.
- Presidency’s speaker (Mr Ralijaona) just denied Ravalomanana resignation
- Thierry most followed malagasy twitterers says president Ravalomanana resigned by letter.
- Reuters reports that Rajoelina says that 8 presidential ministers have resigned.
- TGV protesters are in Antaninarenina now 02pm to put Andry Rajoelina at “his new office”- Ambohitsirohitra
- Rumour: FIP Antanimora was attacked by CAPSAT @ 2am
- The house of Gal Ramakavelo was attacked last night (via Radio Antsiva)
- Peace Corps pulls out of Madagascar due to unrest
- Rajoelina states that he has a mandate to lead a transitional government.
- President vows to fight to the end
- Interesting comment: Will the UN and France insure president’s safety now, like they did fr TGV? If not, what could be said about their neutrality?
- Possible looting of the Central Bank.
- The army robbed the Central Bank at Antaninanrenina s/Radio Mada (pro Ravalomanana radio)
- Rebel soldiers plan on taking the Central Bank followed by the palace of Ambohitsirohitra.
- Gunshots heard around Ambohitsirohitra
- The chief of CEMGAM has declared on MaTV that all the civilians in Iavoloha have to leave the place cuz they are going to attack
- Pakysse is in Antaninarenina now and is seeing lots of militaries and 5 tanks
- Not confirmed to be tanks, could be armored personnel carriers (most likely)
- Light tanks reported to have entered the presidential offices gates
- Gunfire is heard in the Antananarivo after the rebel army surround the presidential palace. BBC article here.
- Rebel Army are now removing blockades near the president residence.
- “Ravalomanana controls 70% of the Island” dixit Rakotoarivony, AU rep. 4
I am currently working on updating this page and have also renamed it to reflect what it really is, which is a distillation of information that has gone through Twitter. As you may know, some of the information from Twitter can be a rumour or speculation, so you can take some of them with a grain of salt. For the most part though, I have found it and the many hard working people that Twitter to be a very valuable source of information in real time.
My goal for this page is just to capture some of the more important “Tweets” and their time so that I can have a Crisis Timeline that is comparable to my other page which is a consolidation of information from TopMada/Sobika and news sources. Might prove to be interesting